I returned the key that caged me in,
An object I despised,
because I became that object,
deep within his eyes.
I longed for the lock,
the golden key too,
but most of all,
I ran miles, few would do.
If you could ever find someone better,
I challenge what I've done,
I gave my all plus even more,
and didn't become undone.
Lilyann Monahan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Object by Lilyann Monahan )
- Love is, hasmukh amathalal
- Before A Dream, Tony Adah
- Words Worn-Out, Birgitta Heikka
- Gift of love, ramesh rai
- Tides And Emotions., Marcondes Pereira
- Morning Coffee, Bill Grace
- Happenstance Things, Patti Masterman
- Loot-Hoot-Shoot, Aftab Alam
- The Children See Colors, Hebert Logerie
- Ulterior motive, hasmukh amathalal