Not getting into grief, for not getting the desired object!
The virtue of not getting enraged
…to achieve the victory is pleasant!
The efficiency of one’s performance of the act
…of winning as much as possible is pleasant!
Not getting into grief, for not getting the desired object
…and doing what is within his capability is pleasant!
Dr.V.K. Kanniappan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
This poem 'Not getting into grief, for not getting the desired object!
' is a translation of a poem from Tamil literature 'Iniyavai naaRpathu'
வெல்வது வேண்டி வெகுளாதா னோன்பினிதே
ஒல்லுந் துணையும்ஒன்று உய்ப்பான் பொறை இனிதே
இல்லது காமுற் றிரங்கி இடர்ப்படார்
செய்வது செய்தல் இனிது.24 இனியவை நாற்பது
Comments about this poem (Not getting into grief, for not getting the desired object! by Dr.V.K. Kanniappan )
Did you read them?
- Transfer, Suresh Dogra
- The Time, Karunanidhy Shanmugam
- Our Promise, michael walkerjohn
- Future's Creed, michael walkerjohn
- Seven Bowls, michael walkerjohn
- Fear's Embrace, michael walkerjohn
- A Good Song, tolu ogundare
- The People Worry, michael walkerjohn
- Light Lost, michael walkerjohn
- Reflecting, Josh Terpening
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Night Thought, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)