Nocturnal Aura -I
You! The wind of night;
Bracing, enchanting zephyr.
Every time I open my casement;
There again! You call me near.
I- then, no more here.
No sooner did you embrace me;
I lost myself........
Then found myself-
in some distant land, near the sea.
The mingling waves;
The fitful gusts.
The echoing caves;
Sunbeam dancing with dusts.
How I wonder.....
Radiant and ebullient the jiff's;
I- drenched in mirth of time;
And thereby you render me to rhyme.
Oh soon! My conscience I regain;
Back to my native earth again,
Yet, you kept me wondering, why?
Why its like-every time you cast a spell,
for me to forget(for some angelic moment) where I dwell?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Nocturnal Aura -I by Thouni Leima )
- Gebet eines Liebenden in Thessalien, Wolfgang Steinmann
- An empty room, Maya Tod
- Hard-Working Bureaucrats, Margaret Alice Second
- busy busy busy busy, gordon nosworthy
- Take this, if you so desire, gajanan mishra
- Friendship Means.., Athena Hood
- G, Nassy Fesharaki
- Side, Ruta Wuneh
- Unknown, Ruta Wuneh
- Bashfulness is the ornament for a youthf.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- My Love Is Like To Ice, Edmund Spenser
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Viggo Stuckenberg
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1841 - 1896)
William Schwenck Gilbert
(1836 - 1911)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns