Nocturnal Aura -I
You! The wind of night;
Bracing, enchanting zephyr.
Every time I open my casement;
There again! You call me near.
I- then, no more here.
No sooner did you embrace me;
I lost myself........
Then found myself-
in some distant land, near the sea.
The mingling waves;
The fitful gusts.
The echoing caves;
Sunbeam dancing with dusts.
How I wonder.....
Radiant and ebullient the jiff's;
I- drenched in mirth of time;
And thereby you render me to rhyme.
Oh soon! My conscience I regain;
Back to my native earth again,
Yet, you kept me wondering, why?
Why its like-every time you cast a spell,
for me to forget(for some angelic moment) where I dwell?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Nocturnal Aura -I by Thouni Leima )
- Banter, Stephen Peter Mills
- Old House, Naveed Khalid
- You Are My Addiction, Hayley Lewis
- Unwed Mother (A Confession Of Love), Dilantha Gunawardana
- Games, Hayley Lewis
- Late Night T.V With The Volume Set To Zero, Stephen Peter Mills
- Collage, Naveed Khalid
- False Deity, Hayley Lewis
- Cloze, Naveed Khalid
- Foremost among the Finest!, Stanley Collymore
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns