Nocturnal Aura -I
You! The wind of night;
Bracing, enchanting zephyr.
Every time I open my casement;
There again! You call me near.
I- then, no more here.
No sooner did you embrace me;
I lost myself........
Then found myself-
in some distant land, near the sea.
The mingling waves;
The fitful gusts.
The echoing caves;
Sunbeam dancing with dusts.
How I wonder.....
Radiant and ebullient the jiff's;
I- drenched in mirth of time;
And thereby you render me to rhyme.
Oh soon! My conscience I regain;
Back to my native earth again,
Yet, you kept me wondering, why?
Why its like-every time you cast a spell,
for me to forget(for some angelic moment) where I dwell?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Nocturnal Aura -I by Thouni Leima )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Fascinating Images, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Dwelling In Perfection, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Line to You, Olufayo Ezekiel
- Remedy to Find, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Inner Workings, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Colours, Daniel Rimero
- India's Rhythms, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- My Love! Let's run away from light., SAK Reddy
- Journey Of Ancient Values, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Bless You On This Day, Michael P. McParland