I am a commoner.
I laugh, I protest, I shout!
My home is my cozy nest.
I am a bird.
I stretch my wings to give
shade to my birdie.
No mystery is there.
I am not beautiful.
And also bear the mark
of time on my tanned skin.
Can you remember the
story of Bush or Out back?
I am a mother of that strata,
who cooks, stays back
to protect her daughter.
I'm the representative
of the middle-class lady.
I don't have wealth
but I try to keep
my good-for-nothing values!
Neela Nath's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (No Mystery by Neela Nath )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- SHARING GOD'S GIFTS, Tom Zart
- So Hard, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- I wish to tell you, gajanan mishra
- LOVE....................., BUNMI OROGUN SAMUEL
- My Mind Paints, Kyle Schlicher
- The Black Cat With The Burning Eyes Jump.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- O Chatia Baba, The Lord of The Woods!, Bijay Kant Dubey
- I Held You In My Arms, Kyle Schlicher
- i'm tired..., Cherryl Ann Ilustre
- Poetess, Angela Khristin Brown