Laying still, she has awakened,
Her body, so cold, and visibly shaken.
The man, so gingerly he caresses,
On her temples, his lips he presses.
She runs in fear,
He's drawing so near.
She's trapped with no way out,
Her mind is full of doubt.
Into a dark corner, she hides,
Walls closing in on both sides.
On his face, a grin so wide,
She feels a scream from deep inside.
Closer and closer, he has come,
On his breath's the smell of rum.
One long, last look into those deep, cold eyes,
The very last time she lets out her cries.
Natasha Foster's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Hope you enjoyed it! :)
Comments about this poem (Nightmare by Natasha Foster )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Wildly Into The Night, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Drunk poetry, Christian Lacdael
- Opportunities, Christian Lacdael
- COPLA 68 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Yes I Do, Lalit Kaira
- Wooden Footprints, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- New Migration Equilibriums Time Shift Es.., Terence G. Craddock
- bonnie to your clyde, Mandolyn ...
- Purpose Of Life!, Geetha Jayakumar
- Corridors, RoseAnn V. Shawiak