RoseAnn V. Shawiak
In a vast wilderness of personnel and jargon.
Waiting on edges of stairs, hoping and praying
for major miracles.
Back in CVICU, Dad lies mired in I.V. tubes and
monitors, living on the rim of his life.
We are all standing back watching, as God handles
Knowing Mom is waiting in heaven, yet we do not
want to let him go just yet.
(1: 26 p.m. - 6/28/98)
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Myocardial Infarction by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
Did you read them?
- Take My Things..., Mr. Nobody
- power of youth, maharshi trivedi
- Let the body die, why should I die?, Aftab Alam
- artist, maharshi trivedi
- life of indigent, maharshi trivedi
- I Freaking Hate Beer!, Mr. Nobody
- PROBLEM OF TODAY'S ERA, maharshi trivedi
- FREE FALL, Bironga Chadwick
- Imbalance, Hans Raj Sharma
- Festival Of Light, Amitava Sur
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- One Art, Elizabeth Bishop
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)