Poet of the River
My Painful Personality (Sad/Song)
I do all I can, yet still you can blame me?
Is it something I said?
Or just my personality..?
What can you see in me?
What more is there for you to say?
Should I try to make it right to you?
Or should I just go away?
Why do I try?
What can I ever hope to give?
I scream silently Why god WHY?
Is it so wrong for me to live?
No matter how many times I try to breathe in,
I still cannot catch my breath.
No matter how hard I try,
You still ask me to leave.
Even if I give everything,
You would have me go away,
To me, you meant everything,
When I call to you,
You tell me you have nothing to say.
Why do I try?
What can I give?
I scream out loud on my knees WHY?
Am I wrong, should I even try to live?
I would run a million miles,
To take away your strife.
I would shed a million tears,
And give mine to save your life.
I would fall,
To keep you from falling.
When you would scream,
I would answer your calling.
Why can't I make it right?
What can I do?
A mistake that I try to make right…
Is that all I am to you?
My life is a fake,
Is that all I can do?
What can I say?
What can I do?
This is who I am and I am hurting you...
I would lie down below your feet,
Silently six feet down.
A sleep without a heartbeat.
Then I know I could do no wrong.
When I can no longer make a sound.
And I can forever sleep.
Why should I try?
What could I give?
I no longer ask why.
I chose not to live.
I chose to die,
And I gave all I could give.
I remember that day,
How you made me leave.
You asked me to go away.
I knew you would never believe
I chose to take it that way.
Falling to my knees.
Searching the sky.
All of time chose to freeze.
The day I chose to die.
It was my choice, my decision.
It's not your fault, I was put in this position.
I will not cry,
Do not ask why,
It had to be this way.
I could have tried,
I should have tried.
But I chose to go away.
Poet of the River's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Painful Personality (Sad/Song) by Poet of the River )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Matilda Who told Lies, and was Burned to.., Hilaire Belloc
Poem of the Day
- Secularism in true sense, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Mark o Connor's ballad of a man from sno.., Juwon Daniel
- you need to know: (, Manauwer Raza
- Solitary song, gajanan mishra
- To Sleep I Go, Michael P. McParland
- Beneath The Joy, Margaret Moran
- This funny thing called Snow, Angell Afinowi
- One Last Chance, Abby Bilan
- Love Note 9, Michael P. McParland
- Lamentation of the Weak, Abby Bilan