Poet of the River
My Painful Personality (Sad/Song)
I do all I can, yet still you can blame me?
Is it something I said?
Or just my personality..?
What can you see in me?
What more is there for you to say?
Should I try to make it right to you?
Or should I just go away?
Why do I try?
What can I ever hope to give?
I scream silently Why god WHY?
Is it so wrong for me to live?
No matter how many times I try to breathe in,
I still cannot catch my breath.
No matter how hard I try,
You still ask me to leave.
Even if I give everything,
You would have me go away,
To me, you meant everything,
When I call to you,
You tell me you have nothing to say.
Why do I try?
What can I give?
I scream out loud on my knees WHY?
Am I wrong, should I even try to live?
I would run a million miles,
To take away your strife.
I would shed a million tears,
And give mine to save your life.
I would fall,
To keep you from falling.
When you would scream,
I would answer your calling.
Why can't I make it right?
What can I do?
A mistake that I try to make right…
Is that all I am to you?
My life is a fake,
Is that all I can do?
What can I say?
What can I do?
This is who I am and I am hurting you...
I would lie down below your feet,
Silently six feet down.
A sleep without a heartbeat.
Then I know I could do no wrong.
When I can no longer make a sound.
And I can forever sleep.
Why should I try?
What could I give?
I no longer ask why.
I chose not to live.
I chose to die,
And I gave all I could give.
I remember that day,
How you made me leave.
You asked me to go away.
I knew you would never believe
I chose to take it that way.
Falling to my knees.
Searching the sky.
All of time chose to freeze.
The day I chose to die.
It was my choice, my decision.
It's not your fault, I was put in this position.
I will not cry,
Do not ask why,
It had to be this way.
I could have tried,
I should have tried.
But I chose to go away.
Poet of the River's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Painful Personality (Sad/Song) by Poet of the River )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 March 1934 – 31 May 2009)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Inspiration, Henry David Thoreau
- Be Kind, Charles Bukowski
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
Poem of the Day
- Lament Before The Eve, lingering stupor
- Sons of the nature, gajanan mishra
- The Death of Poetry, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Christmas Scene, Salim R Javed
- Girls are not a burden.A sweet conversat.., Salim R Javed
- Night, Leong Ming Loong
- The Tired Smile, Leong Ming Loong
- Blood and Gore, Leong Ming Loong
- Expressly For A Friend..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Welcome Love, Sari Mavi