Lawrence S. Pertillar
There is nothing I've done...
You are now discovering,
I had not already known.
With a clarity and understanding.
It was implemented,
With a consciousness involved.
Tested for effect,
And perfected to heighten controversy.
That was a must.
An ingredient involved.
Did you think I would do anything,
Without prior testing?
How do you think I can become this obnoxious?
This is 'my' obnoxiousness,
I wish to sit and settle within your mind!
Do you find it needs to be a little more tweaked?
Come here and let me make this clear!
This is no accident or secret kept.
I've spent time doing my best,
To attract your disgust!
And to shake you into a sweat...
That leaves your eyebrows arched.
If they are not,
I get upset.
I want you so sick of me...
Until you are addicted!
And your addiction to my obnoxiousness,
Has got to be the only obnoxiousness you expect...
With a rage you accept and enjoy!
That is my goal I've produced to employ!
Don't tell me now it is 'not' unique.
Don't tell me now your toes don't curl on your feet.
And every hair on your head does not stand on edge?
Until you steam and make this pledge...
'I can't 'stand' what he says! '
I want that as your motto.
I want that in your head!
What more can I say that I have not already said?
And bring me more clients!
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Obnoxiousness by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Touched by an Angel, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- The Shadow Of The Wind., Tony Adah
- True Meaning Of Friendship Quote, thumper 786
- Seesaws المراجيح, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- World Leprosy Week, john tiong chunghoo
- Catch 22 on the Lake District hills., Dan Reynolds
- My Words, Fatima Nusairat
- Jesus And Gandhi: South And North Of Sam.., Saiom Shriver
- I Remember, Ronald Chapman
- The Flash Of The Brahman, Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Chick Coalition, Saiom Shriver