RoseAnn V. Shawiak
My Mom is my best friend - I can talk to her about anything.
Whether it's real or make-believe, Mom is there and she listens.
All those years of waiting in line for some attention - now grown-up and can see her alone just about whenever I want.
What I missed as a child doesn't matter so much anymore, because now my Mom is my best friend.
She talks to me and asks advice, we laugh, we cry, and things are nice because we share.
Because she's my Mom. Because she's my friend.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (My Mom by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
Did you read them?
- Sunset, Littlewing28 Pani
- what is kinte, kinte allah
- Peace Inside, Spiritwind Wood
- how far can i go on?, fareeha ghafoor
- I came to you, Gert Strydom
- The days that are past, Gert Strydom
- When morning is BEST, Antonio Liao
- clear color, Howard MacDougall
- A festival...., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- A Young Boy, RoseAnn V. Shawiak