RoseAnn V. Shawiak
My Mom is my best friend - I can talk to her about anything.
Whether it's real or make-believe, Mom is there and she listens.
All those years of waiting in line for some attention - now grown-up and can see her alone just about whenever I want.
What I missed as a child doesn't matter so much anymore, because now my Mom is my best friend.
She talks to me and asks advice, we laugh, we cry, and things are nice because we share.
Because she's my Mom. Because she's my friend.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (My Mom by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- When You Speak to Your God, Robert Kane
- Maiden Of Ekwensu, Chibueze Oscar Osuji
- Whom to, gajanan mishra
- Holy place, hasmukh amathalal
- y0ur gR0uNd uP wAtEr makEs the wind so c.., sEaN nOrTh
- The friends, hasmukh amathalal
- Haa maine mela dekha hai, Ajeet Singh Dhruv
- Two breaths, Christian Lacdael
- Archeologist, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
- In last leg, hasmukh amathalal