My heart is like a bird that sings
that leaves her nest and spreads her wings.
My heart is like a ball of fire
that's all rolled up into desire.
My heart is like a butterfly
that leaves its cocoon so it can fly.
My heart is not just a throbbing beat.
Its beat will not accept defeat.
My heart is like a turtle dove
that always searches for her love.
My heart knows only leaps and bounds
and is in tune with loving sounds.
My heart is fragile, yet it's strong
when it knows where it belongs.
My heart is not just a thing to break.
So please don't bring it any heartache.
Edwina Reizer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Heart by Edwina Reizer )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- *Rumi Speaks, C. P. Sharma
- Destiny Misplaced, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- *Stray Thoughts, C. P. Sharma
- Shame-Shame Israel, Aftab Alam
- Paths Of Childhood, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- lips of flower, Aftab Alam
- Sin Salida, Edwin Cordero
- jeene ka karishma|, Aftab Alam
- *My confused mood, C. P. Sharma
- Dear! i Still Love You, Rimni chakravarty