My heart is like a bird that sings
that leaves her nest and spreads her wings.
My heart is like a ball of fire
that's all rolled up into desire.
My heart is like a butterfly
that leaves its cocoon so it can fly.
My heart is not just a throbbing beat.
Its beat will not accept defeat.
My heart is like a turtle dove
that always searches for her love.
My heart knows only leaps and bounds
and is in tune with loving sounds.
My heart is fragile, yet it's strong
when it knows where it belongs.
My heart is not just a thing to break.
So please don't bring it any heartache.
Edwina Reizer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Heart by Edwina Reizer )
- Never Feeling Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- To The Gates Of Hell, Edward Kofi Louis
- The house where the wife lives like an i.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Ek Lafz Ek Rishta, Bano Ali
- THE PATRIOT, Justice Uchenna Mmahi
- fortress of solutude, ademola oluwabusayo
- Never Feeling The Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Change Is Needed, Edward Kofi Louis
- How Can She Learn?, Edward Kofi Louis
- Intimate Conclusions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak