My dad I fear.
When he appears
I get scared.
I thought he cared.
But I was wrong
He was gone long
He came back
My mom he smack.
I was sick of it all
hearing the yelling through the walls.
Now he's gone again
All the pain is gone also.
Will he come back?
Will he hit my mom again?
Will he drag me again?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (My Dad by Cici Whytehead )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Driving Me Crazy! !, Damian Murphy
- For The Maids Of Chibok, Simpa omoluabi
- Sakura Park, Rachel Todd Wetzsteon
- Share This Space, Jon M. Nelson
- Rain at Reading, Rachel Todd Wetzsteon
- A Special Mother, Kripa Bhardwaj
- Fallen Soldier Table, Jon M. Nelson
- Meteors, Ronald Chapman
- Snake-fire, gajanan mishra
- On Leaving the Bachelorette Brunch, Rachel Todd Wetzsteon