Are You? Did You?
Are you smoking pot? are you drinking? Are you popping pills?
Are you breaking the law? Are you breaking your parents rules? Did you drop out of school? Are you living in treatments centers/ grouphomes? Are you cutting?
Did you get abused? Did your parents neglect you? Did you grow up in foster homes?
Did you try commit suicide?
If so.. you will get through it, it may take years, weeks, or days.
Just to change your ways.
It will be hard, there will be some bumps on the way to change.
but in the end it will be worth it.
If you make it to the top, you cant stop but if you drop, you got to get back up, and try again.
And also remember, everyone goes through struggles no matter who you are, or where your from, so you are NOT alone.
Cici Whytehead's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Are You? Did You? by Cici Whytehead )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(18 November 1939)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Tiger, William Blake
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
Poem of the Day
- A History Of The Future- What's THAT? ? .., Bri Edwards
- Epistle therefrom Death, Sir Toby Moses
- Being Rich, Randy McClave
- Chief glory, gajanan mishra
- If I Get There, Luis Estable
- That Savor Is So, Luis Estable
- No One KnowsThe Pain I Feel, Luis Estable
- The Kentucky Hangnail, Randy McClave
- Bell, Book & Candle, David Lewis Paget
- Dear baby - (Something Casual), Mitta Xinindlu