Are You? Did You?
Are you smoking pot? are you drinking? Are you popping pills?
Are you breaking the law? Are you breaking your parents rules? Did you drop out of school? Are you living in treatments centers/ grouphomes? Are you cutting?
Did you get abused? Did your parents neglect you? Did you grow up in foster homes?
Did you try commit suicide?
If so.. you will get through it, it may take years, weeks, or days.
Just to change your ways.
It will be hard, there will be some bumps on the way to change.
but in the end it will be worth it.
If you make it to the top, you cant stop but if you drop, you got to get back up, and try again.
And also remember, everyone goes through struggles no matter who you are, or where your from, so you are NOT alone.
Cici Whytehead's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Are You? Did You? by Cici Whytehead )
- Thief, Pijush Biswas
- I Am playing, gajanan mishra
- Everyday Is a TEST, Enoch Owusu Gyamfi
- One Of These Pure Days, Naveed Akram
- Deepavali, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Psalm CVII, Henry Ainsworth
- Even in strife, hasmukh amathalal
- ! DESECRATED POEMS/FLOATING HYPERLINK IN.., Alice Vedral Rivera
- In the midst of ruin there is reparation, Mark Heathcote
- Psalm XXIII, Henry Ainsworth
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)