Are You? Did You?
Are you smoking pot? are you drinking? Are you popping pills?
Are you breaking the law? Are you breaking your parents rules? Did you drop out of school? Are you living in treatments centers/ grouphomes? Are you cutting?
Did you get abused? Did your parents neglect you? Did you grow up in foster homes?
Did you try commit suicide?
If so.. you will get through it, it may take years, weeks, or days.
Just to change your ways.
It will be hard, there will be some bumps on the way to change.
but in the end it will be worth it.
If you make it to the top, you cant stop but if you drop, you got to get back up, and try again.
And also remember, everyone goes through struggles no matter who you are, or where your from, so you are NOT alone.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Are You? Did You? by Cici Whytehead )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- After Meeting A Foreigner Girl, Bijay Kant Dubey
- At Last A Rose, Electric Lady
- Needs, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Buffaloman Too A Chief Minister In B.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Purpose, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sitting In The Time's House, Bijay Kant Dubey
- I Was Nearly Canonized Recently, Monk E. Biz
- Burquawalli, May I Ask, Why Is Saudi Ara.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Friend 3, Neela Nath
- Chicken dance, gajanan mishra