My Beautiful Green Eyed Dove
I never seem to find the words the devil ties my tongue,
Then I find the perfect words the moment you are gone.
Your beautiful smile that does beam,
Coupled with your eyes that gleam,
Makes you my heart's queen,
With your eyes the prettiest shade of green.
Your bright smile warms me up when I'm cold,
You are more valuable to me than gold.
Your wonderful glow shines through the mist,
Your beautiful eyes prove that God exists,
For He is the only one who could create you,
Could anyone else I haven't a clue.
But no matter what happens I'll be by your side,
Whenever you need somewhere to run or hide,
When you think that noone cares,
I shall always be there,
Whenever you need me just in case,
Anything for a smile upon your face.
Anything for a girl like you,
Who is smart and beautiful too.
You can always count on I,
I'll be with you even if I die.
For you are the girl that I love,
My Beautiful Angel, My Green Eyed Dove.
Matt Reyes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Beautiful Green Eyed Dove by Matt Reyes )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(30 October 1885 – 1 November 1972)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Love, Sarah Flower Adams
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Deep in my Soul, Jennifer Colyne Hall
- Orange Has A Shadow, Saiom Shriver
- I'm Screaming Inside, Jennifer Colyne Hall
- Wisdom, Forgiveness & Love., Tom Zart
- Not Divisive But Divine, Saiom Shriver
- Heart-Song of Mattie Stepanek*, Tushar Ray
- Singing Rain, Saiom Shriver
- Sometimes, Aslam Marikar
- The Confession, Aslam Marikar
- Resolutions, Gordon Ayisi