My Beautiful Green Eyed Dove
I never seem to find the words the devil ties my tongue,
Then I find the perfect words the moment you are gone.
Your beautiful smile that does beam,
Coupled with your eyes that gleam,
Makes you my heart's queen,
With your eyes the prettiest shade of green.
Your bright smile warms me up when I'm cold,
You are more valuable to me than gold.
Your wonderful glow shines through the mist,
Your beautiful eyes prove that God exists,
For He is the only one who could create you,
Could anyone else I haven't a clue.
But no matter what happens I'll be by your side,
Whenever you need somewhere to run or hide,
When you think that noone cares,
I shall always be there,
Whenever you need me just in case,
Anything for a smile upon your face.
Anything for a girl like you,
Who is smart and beautiful too.
You can always count on I,
I'll be with you even if I die.
For you are the girl that I love,
My Beautiful Angel, My Green Eyed Dove.
Matt Reyes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Beautiful Green Eyed Dove by Matt Reyes )
- The Allen Chronicles, Romella Kitchens
- My eyes, Cee Bea
- E-rated poemier-all us, Elvis Airohi
- April Woman, Salma Jayyusi
- The Ship of Love, Salma Jayyusi
- Censorious Ignorance, michael walkerjohn
- Ludio ludius Lego, michael walkerjohn
- Right to exist, hasmukh amathalal
- Dead Leaves, David Lacey
- Brookstones, Cee Bea
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Sonnet I, Sir John Suckling
- Cross, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)