Must Woman Alienate Man?
Man covets woman; it is in his blood.
Woman to him is hot food to humans.
Polygamy is man’s behavioural trait.
Man and woman are interdependent.
To desire woman is engrained in man
At every chance, he’s out to test his luck
With woman, whose love for him is his worth.
Conquest of woman is man’s ego’s boost.
Woman can accept or reject his move.
If half decent, a man will understand
A woman’s frown and withdraw from the scene.
To forget and forgive is woman’s grace.
He is a victim of proximity.
Having misread her, he might overstep.
His apology must gain the woman’s mercy.
To slap rape for that act puts men in scare.
He is a victim of temptresses.
Having compromised one’s dignity
For some advantages, if one slaps rape
On him later, it will put men in scare.
He is a victim of impulsiveness.
Having got consensual sex relations,
Expectations failing, if one slaps rape
In retrospect it will put men in scare.
Man is a victim of societies’ disbelief.
If someone slaps rape on her coach or boss
To settle her demand or any dispute,
The society’s belief puts men in scare.
The one who forces a woman for sex
By authority, threats or proximity
And one who exploit woman’s innocence,
Or helplessness must ruthlessly be dealt.
Allegations about sexual harassments,
Caught up by media and woman wings,
Will blow up faster out of proportion.
Such trends would trigger men to fear women.
Men have been put in utter confusion.
Men would be scared to have any women
As interns, trainees, maids or assistant
For fear of landing in jail by misuse.
Man’s comforts with woman must be preserved.
Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Must Woman Alienate Man? by Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar. )
- A Man's Hat, Darren David Weaver
- tonight i write you with one sock on, Mandolyn ...
- useless poets, Is It Poetry
- i dropped us and you were glass, Mandolyn ...
- The Typewriter, Patrick van der Loos
- Friday Night For The Writer, Patrick van der Loos
- eternal fire, george albot
- Early Winter Morn, Patrick van der Loos
- British, Nassy Fesharaki
- Living in Ambiguity, Arindom Borah
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Dreamer's Thoughts, Old Teenage Poems
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Maya Angelou
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Old Teenage Poems
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)