Alan Bruce Thompson
Mother Is So Difficult
“Its all perfect, it’s all just fine,
There’s nothing wrong, I heard her whine”.
My daughter blames me for all of her chore,
But really she wants to play, finds me a bore.
She puts words in my mouth, tells that I am a fool,
When all she wants to do is lie by the pool.
”Why do they need to change what works so well?
If you ask me the youth has gone to hell! ”
“Why can’t they join the army, they should join the corps,
Change is not better, we need less not more”.
“They don’t respect me, don’t regard my years,
It’s all “Hi” and “Cool man”, with “Wow” and “cheers””.
My daughter is waiting for my body to get cold
She does not agree it’s the duty of children to care for the old.
Alan Bruce Thompson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Mother Is So Difficult by Alan Bruce Thompson )
- Quran, The Ways of Ascent, Mohja Kahf
- 'My Persuasion' Over 'Her Coyness'., Prabhat Priyadarshi
- rain, Erin Daly
- I Hope, Michael McParland
- Holding Fatima in the Light, Mohja Kahf
- Manifesto for the Chaste Wanton, Mohja Kahf
- Doves, Mohja Kahf
- Return of the Friend, Mohja Kahf
- On The Run In The Dream, Albert Martin
- My Grandmother Washes Her Feet in the Si.., Mohja Kahf
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- City That Does Not Sleep, Federico García Lorca
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Clarence Michael James Stanislaus Dennis
(17 July 1674 – 25 November 1748)
- Laurence Overmire
(24 June 1842 - 26 December 1913)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
John Greenleaf Whittier
(17 December 1807 – 7 September 1892)
Edgar Lee Masters
(23 August 1868 – 5 March 1950)
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 November 1731 – 25 April 1800)