Alan Bruce Thompson
Mother Is So Difficult
“Its all perfect, it’s all just fine,
There’s nothing wrong, I heard her whine”.
My daughter blames me for all of her chore,
But really she wants to play, finds me a bore.
She puts words in my mouth, tells that I am a fool,
When all she wants to do is lie by the pool.
”Why do they need to change what works so well?
If you ask me the youth has gone to hell! ”
“Why can’t they join the army, they should join the corps,
Change is not better, we need less not more”.
“They don’t respect me, don’t regard my years,
It’s all “Hi” and “Cool man”, with “Wow” and “cheers””.
My daughter is waiting for my body to get cold
She does not agree it’s the duty of children to care for the old.
Alan Bruce Thompson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Mother Is So Difficult by Alan Bruce Thompson )
- Religion's Devils, Naveed Akram
- My Son Ali, kassem oude
- Hit Music, Michael McParland
- Mind, Soul and Spirit, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Drivers lessons, Harold R Hunt Sr
- I love you, Harold R Hunt Sr
- love, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Under the stairs., Harold R Hunt Sr
- On my shoulder, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Out of the mouth of babies., Harold R Hunt Sr
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Love After Love, Derek Walcott
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 January 1832 – 14 January 1898)