Alan Bruce Thompson
Mother Is So Difficult
“Its all perfect, it’s all just fine,
There’s nothing wrong, I heard her whine”.
My daughter blames me for all of her chore,
But really she wants to play, finds me a bore.
She puts words in my mouth, tells that I am a fool,
When all she wants to do is lie by the pool.
”Why do they need to change what works so well?
If you ask me the youth has gone to hell! ”
“Why can’t they join the army, they should join the corps,
Change is not better, we need less not more”.
“They don’t respect me, don’t regard my years,
It’s all “Hi” and “Cool man”, with “Wow” and “cheers””.
My daughter is waiting for my body to get cold
She does not agree it’s the duty of children to care for the old.
Alan Bruce Thompson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Mother Is So Difficult by Alan Bruce Thompson )
- Pushed, Celeste Bracey
- Web, Marshall Gass
- Republic, Marshall Gass
- The Obvious, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Split-second, Marshall Gass
- Refusing To Wear Masks, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- She- the Lighthouse!, Marshall Gass
- apex, Cee Bea
- Darkness, Kumar Aggarwal
- comets wait for us, because we're sort o.., Mandolyn ...
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- Dinner Guest: Me, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Listeners, Walter de la Mare
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)