Alan Bruce Thompson
Mother Is So Difficult
“Its all perfect, it’s all just fine,
There’s nothing wrong, I heard her whine”.
My daughter blames me for all of her chore,
But really she wants to play, finds me a bore.
She puts words in my mouth, tells that I am a fool,
When all she wants to do is lie by the pool.
”Why do they need to change what works so well?
If you ask me the youth has gone to hell! ”
“Why can’t they join the army, they should join the corps,
Change is not better, we need less not more”.
“They don’t respect me, don’t regard my years,
It’s all “Hi” and “Cool man”, with “Wow” and “cheers””.
My daughter is waiting for my body to get cold
She does not agree it’s the duty of children to care for the old.
Alan Bruce Thompson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Mother Is So Difficult by Alan Bruce Thompson )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Fire Balls, Alem Hailu Gabre Kristos
- AL-KATTAB (A PLACE USED TO BE AN ALTERNA.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I lack true knowledge, gajanan mishra
- THE INEVITABLE DEATH, AMADU KAMARA
- I failed to, gajanan mishra
- essay # i'll never know, gordon nosworthy
- I See The Sun, Pijush Biswas
- Variety of doors!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- What is superior?, gajanan mishra
- Mind, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..