RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Mom, can you see me?
I'm a person - a boy - a man.
My life is here - it is now.
I believe in it.
Mom, can you hear me?
I can talk - carry on a conversation - listen to you.
Why aren't you listening to me?
Mom, can you talk to me?
I can hear you talking - see your mouth moving - but
you're not saying what I want to hear.
Mom, can you reach your arms around me?
Please hug me - I'm a person - a boy - a man.
Mom, can you love me just as I am?
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Mom by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
Did you read them?
- Stronghold: Macchu Picchu, Brandt Nightingale
- Friends, sasha yarlexolnikov
- Yes/No, Morgan Michaels
- Chibok Blues, Tony Adah
- Staged Fright, Luke J. Holt
- The Wall of Water Falls, Brandt Nightingale
- Prayer of Ruin, Luke J. Holt
- Sweet Memories, Lilly Emery
- Earth's Time Clock Ticks, Patricia Kelley
- I Have Fallen In Deep, Lilly Emery