RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Mission Through Imagination
Pounding out the rhythms of a musical mind, onto reams of
paper and held in journals to occupy my mind with joyous
Sent on missions through imagination by genius, totally
forgotten, lying in a corner hidden from all eyes.
Quietly striving to remain a non-entity to preserve
privacy, a small but dignified life through a self-
respect not known before.
Grasping the hand of repeatable emotion, frolicking down
the lanes of least resistance in time to the notes of
fantastic inner music.
Supplanted by the eerie density of a previous life,
standing on the verge of a greater destiny than I have
ever known or imagined.
Twirling about the dimensional universe only I can know,
holding on to the blueness of my soul, writing from it's
One day all the world will know of this small life and
it's favorite pastime of written poetry.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Mission Through Imagination by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
Did you read them?
- At accuracy, hasmukh amathalal
- Deep in, Nassy Fesharaki
- No!, Nassy Fesharaki
- Your own existence, gajanan mishra
- FLYING GLASS SHARDS, Satish Verma
- Limerick.4 - One of a Kind, Patricia Grantham
- The Snowman on the Moor, Sylvia Plath
- The Lady And The Earthenware Head, Sylvia Plath
- On The Difficulty Of Conjuring Up A Dryad, Sylvia Plath
- Memoirs Of A Spinach-Picker, Sylvia Plath
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)