Little King of Sorrows
Mirror Mirror on the wall,
who holds the flame of which I call?
Search within and you will see,
within your heart a memory.
Behind the black of pupil gaze,
beyond the greenish-yellow haze,
within the dark of shadowed veil,
You hold her heart, you walk her tale.
Mirror Mirror tell me more,
Why it's her I'm begging for.
Of many hearts I could proclaim,
In dreamy flights I call her name.
Walk again that wailing night,
when nothing said could take her fright.
You crawled within her wall of pain,
Existence on a different plane.
Mirror Mirror what is real?
of all these crazy things I feel.
I try to sort within my mind,
all these songs I come to find.
Little king, you need not know.
Let the feelings come and go.
Hiding them was not for you.
Here's the path your holding true.
Mirror Mirror, you know me well,
through all the years of bitter hell.
You show me Christ within my soul,
Reflecting in the deepest hole.
Every hair upon your brow,
Your loving God doth take a bow,
The spot on head...that's less than plush,
Soft hearted wink...from heavens brush.
Mirror mirror, you joke and tease,
all the while I beg you please!
As evil consumes the world around,
how shall I know she's safe and sound?
Unselfish man, you really care,
even when she isn't there.
You already know what I will say,
'Close your eyes and start to pray'
Mirror Mirror, what's my call?
As human rights begin to fall.
The rage in me consumes my peace!
In bitter words I pledge 'Release'.
Try to calm and stick to facts.
Be on guard if evil acts.
Stand up front, absorb the blows.
Loving God till breathing goes.
Mirror Mirror, I missed you so.
At times I balled my fist to throw.
With glee I would have watched you crack,
to match the person looking back.
I understand this game is hard,
It's where you hide the final card.
Steady handed, keep things light.
I'll see you again, tomorrow night.
© 2013 L.K.Sorrows
Little King of Sorrows's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Mirror Mirror by Little King of Sorrows )
- Vieze oren, Schone ogen, Madrason writer
- The Purple Lady., Achill Ladd
- My World, Douglas ClearyMaxwell
- Just Write It, Mark R. Elias
- A PHOTOGRAPH OF MYSELF AT AGE TEN, TAKEN.., NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- Dainty Little Poem, Mark R. Elias
- 1959, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- TRANSIENT, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- எப்பொழுதும்!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Peddle Witches, Lilly Emery
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)