RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Mosaics crisscrossing in my mind, trying to fit the pieces
of a puzzle together again, with renewed energy they try
over and over with no results.
Looking like they may fit, sets a pattern and off it goes
again as it doesn't go together to complete a picture.
Knowing that the puzzle can never be whole again, because
the biggest and most important part of it is gone - my Mom.
She is no more, crying with all my soul, throwing the other
pieces out, because I can no longer make any of them fit.
No longer seeing my life in relationship to past mosaics, I
just give up, there is no more.
Nothing else that I can do to set things straight, helpless
and so afraid, trying to hang onto the memory of my Mom.
Must I go on? Won't you just let me quit life and get rid
of this suffering?
It is consuming me with a fire of hatred in everything that
I see and I wish that I were blind so I couldn't see anymore
Just lie down and let life pass over, setting me in a grave,
then I could love again on some other plain, without any pain.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Mind Mosaics by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Little While, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Tiger, William Blake
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
Poem of the Day
- Recipe To Live, Asma Riaz Khan
- Mind Over Matter (Scream), Joseph Archer
- Jesus among Us, michael hagwood
- Winterpoesie, Johann Joseph Clahsen
- Love the Spine, V P Mahur
- Vergißmeinnicht, Johann Joseph Clahsen
- Loving Lips, V P Mahur
- Am Winterwehr, Johann Joseph Clahsen
- Christmas Midnight - Christ - Mitternacht, Johann Joseph Clahsen
- Holy Night - Weihnacht, Johann Joseph Clahsen