RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Mosaics crisscrossing in my mind, trying to fit the pieces
of a puzzle together again, with renewed energy they try
over and over with no results.
Looking like they may fit, sets a pattern and off it goes
again as it doesn't go together to complete a picture.
Knowing that the puzzle can never be whole again, because
the biggest and most important part of it is gone - my Mom.
She is no more, crying with all my soul, throwing the other
pieces out, because I can no longer make any of them fit.
No longer seeing my life in relationship to past mosaics, I
just give up, there is no more.
Nothing else that I can do to set things straight, helpless
and so afraid, trying to hang onto the memory of my Mom.
Must I go on? Won't you just let me quit life and get rid
of this suffering?
It is consuming me with a fire of hatred in everything that
I see and I wish that I were blind so I couldn't see anymore
Just lie down and let life pass over, setting me in a grave,
then I could love again on some other plain, without any pain.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Mind Mosaics by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
Did you read them?
- Haiku- Anchor, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Luna Plena, Mihaela Pirjol
- I Sink Inside You, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Buddy, Francie Lynch
- Love (Haiku), Jesus James Llorico
- some thing about you, akash mazumdar
- Shanghai breeze (I), Cigeng Zhang
- thinkings, akash mazumdar
- Momentous Days, Francie Lynch
- Haiku- Riddle, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- At Last She Comes, Robert Louis Stevenson
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)