RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Mosaics crisscrossing in my mind, trying to fit the pieces
of a puzzle together again, with renewed energy they try
over and over with no results.
Looking like they may fit, sets a pattern and off it goes
again as it doesn't go together to complete a picture.
Knowing that the puzzle can never be whole again, because
the biggest and most important part of it is gone - my Mom.
She is no more, crying with all my soul, throwing the other
pieces out, because I can no longer make any of them fit.
No longer seeing my life in relationship to past mosaics, I
just give up, there is no more.
Nothing else that I can do to set things straight, helpless
and so afraid, trying to hang onto the memory of my Mom.
Must I go on? Won't you just let me quit life and get rid
of this suffering?
It is consuming me with a fire of hatred in everything that
I see and I wish that I were blind so I couldn't see anymore
Just lie down and let life pass over, setting me in a grave,
then I could love again on some other plain, without any pain.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Mind Mosaics by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
Did you read them?
- Anthology, Peter Jay Shippy
- THE BESTOWING BOY, Aravind Bhargava
- BE LIKE CHEETAH, Aravind Bhargava
- Hell bent, hasmukh amathalal
- Beautiful stranger, Ahmed Tawfik
- Lynda Bellingham worthily and fondly rem.., Stanley Collymore
- From the Summit, Valsa George
- The Future Of Voices, Peter Jay Shippy
- Only few can medicae, hasmukh amathalal
- Corner, Aparna Chatterjee
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)