RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Mosaics crisscrossing in my mind, trying to fit the pieces
of a puzzle together again, with renewed energy they try
over and over with no results.
Looking like they may fit, sets a pattern and off it goes
again as it doesn't go together to complete a picture.
Knowing that the puzzle can never be whole again, because
the biggest and most important part of it is gone - my Mom.
She is no more, crying with all my soul, throwing the other
pieces out, because I can no longer make any of them fit.
No longer seeing my life in relationship to past mosaics, I
just give up, there is no more.
Nothing else that I can do to set things straight, helpless
and so afraid, trying to hang onto the memory of my Mom.
Must I go on? Won't you just let me quit life and get rid
of this suffering?
It is consuming me with a fire of hatred in everything that
I see and I wish that I were blind so I couldn't see anymore
Just lie down and let life pass over, setting me in a grave,
then I could love again on some other plain, without any pain.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Mind Mosaics by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
Did you read them?
- the poet in you..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Doornock Advice, douglas scotney
- Ghazal-Zindigi, Akhtar Jawad
- i will delete this later, Mandolyn ...
- Moonlight Walks, Rajnish Manga
- 3 Dimensions Of Word, sallam yassin
- Dancing in her mind, Aftab Alam
- A C T C - 2014/10 Official Entries - Vot.., Brian Johnston
- ENID STILL HUNGRY, Terry Collett
- I am turning, Aftab Alam
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Moment, Margaret Atwood
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)