Merry Drums Stumbled Not To Beat!
A sweet teenage girl
Was wearing a fine delicate flower
Without removing its stalk
Over the hair in her head!
The girl is more delicate
Her thin waist couldn't bear
The weight of the stalk;
The waist is likely to break,
The merry drums usually beat
In appreciating the thin waist,
Instead stumbled not to beat!
Dr.V.K. Kanniappan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
This poem 'Merry drums stumbled not to beat! ' is a translation of a Tamil poem from ThirukkuRaL.
அனிச்சப்பூக் கால்களையாள் பெய்தாள் நுசுப்பிற்கு
நல்ல படாஅ பறை.1115 நலம்புனைந்துரைத்தல்
Usually the young teenage girls and women who do physical work will not put on weight and the waist will be very thin.
At present, I understand from magazine, keththi jung is a girl with her waist size is 34 CM.
Comments about this poem (Merry Drums Stumbled Not To Beat! by Dr.V.K. Kanniappan )
- A Universal Muse, Saiom Shriver
- Explanation needed, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- cliché, xxx xxx
- The Author To His Disconsolate Brother, Richard Brathwait
- God Visible In His Works, William Alexander
- An Invocation, William Alexander
- Aan Elegie On Dr. Ravis, Bishop of London, Richard Corbet
- Complaining Of His Want Of Friends, Edward Hake
- No Gold No Goodnesse, Edward Hake
- Priyo keu nei, Golam Rashid
Poem of the Day
- Unity is Strength, S.D. TIWARI
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Jabberwocky, Lewis Carroll
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1927)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns