Merry Drums Stumbled Not To Beat!
A sweet teenage girl
Was wearing a fine delicate flower
Without removing its stalk
Over the hair in her head!
The girl is more delicate
Her thin waist couldn't bear
The weight of the stalk;
The waist is likely to break,
The merry drums usually beat
In appreciating the thin waist,
Instead stumbled not to beat!
Dr.V.K. Kanniappan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
This poem 'Merry drums stumbled not to beat! ' is a translation of a Tamil poem from ThirukkuRaL.
அனிச்சப்பூக் கால்களையாள் பெய்தாள் நுசுப்பிற்கு
நல்ல படாஅ பறை.1115 நலம்புனைந்துரைத்தல்
Usually the young teenage girls and women who do physical work will not put on weight and the waist will be very thin.
At present, I understand from magazine, keththi jung is a girl with her waist size is 34 CM.
Comments about this poem (Merry Drums Stumbled Not To Beat! by Dr.V.K. Kanniappan )
- The Sadness Of This World, Edward Kofi Louis
- I Could Be Out In The Rain, Vigna Mukund
- Equations: Friend Or Enemy, Guess Who
- Waiting for Dawn, Somanathan Iyer
- Confidence, Somanathan Iyer
- Doodling Without Purpose, Margaret Alice Second
- Nine persons are exempted from the disci.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Why like this?, Somanathan Iyer
- Humans we are!, Somanathan Iyer
- Summer, Naveed Khalid