Dr.V.K. Kanniappan (17.10.1944 / Madurai, Tamil Nadu, India)
Merry Drums Stumbled Not To Beat!
A sweet teenage girl
Was wearing a fine delicate flower
Without removing its stalk
Over the hair in her head!
The girl is more delicate
Her thin waist couldn't bear
The weight of the stalk;
The waist is likely to break,
The merry drums usually beat
In appreciating the thin waist,
Instead stumbled not to beat!
Poet Other Poems
- A beautiful portrait! -Haiku
- A Brahman Wins By Tactics
- A Day When The Food Eaten All Alone
- A dumb person having a dream!
- A Favor Done To Men Of Knowledge and Vir...
- A Feeling Of Euphoria In The Fertile Fie...
- A Good Modern Poem
- A Guava fruit a day
- A house with a deferring wife becomes a ...
- A learned person shall not eat the food ...
- A Lover Is Perplexed At Seeing His Fianc...
- A married wife who is disobedient to the...
- A Person Who Does Not Skip Moral Values!
- A Person Who Is Superior To The Holy Pe...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
This poem 'Merry drums stumbled not to beat! ' is a translation of a Tamil poem from ThirukkuRaL.
அனிச்சப்பூக் கால்களையாள் பெய்தாள் நுசுப்பிற்கு
நல்ல படாஅ பறை.1115 நலம்புனைந்துரைத்தல்
Usually the young teenage girls and women who do physical work will not put on weight and the waist will be very thin.
At present, I understand from magazine, keththi jung is a girl with her waist size is 34 CM.