Merry Drums Stumbled Not To Beat!
A sweet teenage girl
Was wearing a fine delicate flower
Without removing its stalk
Over the hair in her head!
The girl is more delicate
Her thin waist couldn't bear
The weight of the stalk;
The waist is likely to break,
The merry drums usually beat
In appreciating the thin waist,
Instead stumbled not to beat!
Dr.V.K. Kanniappan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
This poem 'Merry drums stumbled not to beat! ' is a translation of a Tamil poem from ThirukkuRaL.
அனிச்சப்பூக் கால்களையாள் பெய்தாள் நுசுப்பிற்கு
நல்ல படாஅ பறை.1115 நலம்புனைந்துரைத்தல்
Usually the young teenage girls and women who do physical work will not put on weight and the waist will be very thin.
At present, I understand from magazine, keththi jung is a girl with her waist size is 34 CM.
Comments about this poem (Merry Drums Stumbled Not To Beat! by Dr.V.K. Kanniappan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Writing Written Classic Plot Our Lives, Terence G. Craddock
- Stripper Tit, Richard Thripp
- From Eed - aRe yOU. rEaLy. still DrOniNg.., sEaN nOrTh
- A Matter Of Words, Of Muses And Other Ghosts
- Massasauga Saga - Lincoln Park Zoo, Ima Ryma
- givesthewholegameaway, sEaN nOrTh
- Elegy of a crafted death, Shruti Goswami
- The Resting Mind!, Varanasi Ramabrahmam
- Morning Mist and Clouds, Ananta Madhavan
- All Equal, A.j. Binash