Meditation on a snail…
What’s learnt by living life master snail?
When you say possess less…
Inherit more wind in your sail
More buoyancy to prevail…
When you say be like brother slug
He doesn’t house himself in fear?
In fact leave fear a trail to follow…
And find yourself without fear.
Really, what’s learnt by master snail?
Do tell. I ask sincerely - again.
How is the weight of the world removed?
How do I reach enlightenments Zen?
Ask bother turtle he just rolls in love
With a million waves, yet he arrives
At the shore of his ancestors
By just following, alone his seven senses.
Master snail this no answer…
If it is not then why do you still persist?
Asking me a snail the meaning of life
Isn’t the meaning of life existence?
Existence is a question of love.
The power of your love is life’s existence?
Eternal existence is to be loved.
With or without, loves undying cogence.
Mark Heathcote's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Meditation on a snail… by Mark Heathcote )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1563 - 1631)
(7 May 1892 – 20 April 1982)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Television, Roald Dahl
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Gift, Li-Young Lee
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Why do I love you?, Birat Anupam
- CYMER, ANTHONY KIRUI
- Water nation, Birat Anupam
- Land of pilgrimage, gajanan mishra
- A Leafless Sunset, Naveed Khalid
- Don't Reach, Robert Ronnow
- You are all here, gajanan mishra
- Blue Wedding Bells Ring, Ken e Hall
- The Battleground, Leong Ming Loong
- An inner core, hasmukh amathalal