Meditation on a snail…
What’s learnt by living life master snail?
When you say possess less…
Inherit more wind in your sail
More buoyancy to prevail…
When you say be like brother slug
He doesn’t house himself in fear?
In fact leave fear a trail to follow…
And find yourself without fear.
Really, what’s learnt by master snail?
Do tell. I ask sincerely - again.
How is the weight of the world removed?
How do I reach enlightenments Zen?
Ask bother turtle he just rolls in love
With a million waves, yet he arrives
At the shore of his ancestors
By just following, alone his seven senses.
Master snail this no answer…
If it is not then why do you still persist?
Asking me a snail the meaning of life
Isn’t the meaning of life existence?
Existence is a question of love.
The power of your love is life’s existence?
Eternal existence is to be loved.
With or without, loves undying cogence.
Mark Heathcote's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Meditation on a snail… by Mark Heathcote )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Man's a Man for A' That, Robert Burns
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- To drive a point, i collect pebbles and .., RIC S. BASTASA
- I follow the smoke, and sigh, RIC S. BASTASA
- Unchanging To Exchange Blame, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Have Fun! Why Not?, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Respecting Ideas, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- where you belong..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Our Divine Differences, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sense Of Being Directionless, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Desert, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Living on, The Princess is