“All are happy”
The man was thinking
“Everyone is zappy
I am the one sinking.
Why am I set, Oh! God
For this weariness and pain?
All are without trouble let
Away from any strain! ”
God held his hand and lead him
To a man in contemplation, deep
Who was sitting, sadly grim
And let him, into his heart, peep.
The man was scheming full
To murder his wife
Who was to him unfaithful
And quell the rife.
God then lead him to the doorsill
Of a handsome boy planning
Suicide – himself to kill
With his love withering.
The man best understood
All were in more suffering
He was the one to brood
Now he is happy and veering.
chandra thiagarajan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Man's Thoughts by chandra thiagarajan )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(22 March 1941 -)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Am I?, Michael P. McParland
- Always Yours, Michael P. McParland
- Always You, Michael P. McParland
- Always Thinking Of You, Michael P. McParland
- Always, Michael P. McParland
- All The Love We Hide, Michael P. McParland
- Flummoxed, douglas scotney
- The Ex, stephen pennell
- Let Us Lay Down, Michael P. McParland
- Clears Throat, Mae AC.