Love You Wife
I am curled in a ball,
Shivering with rage,
And he crouches in front of me,
His eyes saying all
That needs to be said.
He wants me to forgive him,
Forget he broke my dreams,
He wants to love me now,
But I don’t want to give him that chance,
No, not in million days.
Where was he?
When I cried for him?
Where was his love?
When his child died in me.
He has taken away everything,
And left me with useless nothings,
Now my heart burns in hate,
And he claims we are soul mates,
He reminds me of our vows
To love, cherish and obey,
I want to shout,
Long ago we parted our ways,
I don’t know why,
He claims to love me,
When it was only he
Who threw me out of his home?
Now that he has decided
He wants me in his life,
Am I to bow my head?
And play the dutiful wife.
He tells me I am beautiful,
And he is mesmerized by me,
Once upon a time,
For him I was ugly.
Why the drastic transformation,
Why the change of heart,
He tells me he wants a fresh start.
He is on his knees,
A ring in his hands,
He asks me to marry him,
And make him happiest man,
I look at the ring,
And I glance at his face,
His eyes are open,
Love staring out in spades,
He holds my hand,
And looks me in the eye,
Of all the things to do,
And all the things to say,
He says he loves me,
And I say it’s okay……………….
Lucifera Santez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love You Wife by Lucifera Santez )
- My Mermaid Muse, Erato
- A Zulu Kingdom, Margaret Alice Second
- Forever Purpurating Lavender, Stephen Warren Williams
- No Reason To Rush, Kewayne Wadley
- For To Be An Indian English Poet, An Eng.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- A Bag of Old Photographs, Mikey Bachman
- Surrealistic Bagging, michael walkerjohn
- What at a Sunrise Ends, michael walkerjohn
- Les Collaborations de Vie, michael walkerjohn
- Only movement, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- An Enigma, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)