Love You Wife
I am curled in a ball,
Shivering with rage,
And he crouches in front of me,
His eyes saying all
That needs to be said.
He wants me to forgive him,
Forget he broke my dreams,
He wants to love me now,
But I don’t want to give him that chance,
No, not in million days.
Where was he?
When I cried for him?
Where was his love?
When his child died in me.
He has taken away everything,
And left me with useless nothings,
Now my heart burns in hate,
And he claims we are soul mates,
He reminds me of our vows
To love, cherish and obey,
I want to shout,
Long ago we parted our ways,
I don’t know why,
He claims to love me,
When it was only he
Who threw me out of his home?
Now that he has decided
He wants me in his life,
Am I to bow my head?
And play the dutiful wife.
He tells me I am beautiful,
And he is mesmerized by me,
Once upon a time,
For him I was ugly.
Why the drastic transformation,
Why the change of heart,
He tells me he wants a fresh start.
He is on his knees,
A ring in his hands,
He asks me to marry him,
And make him happiest man,
I look at the ring,
And I glance at his face,
His eyes are open,
Love staring out in spades,
He holds my hand,
And looks me in the eye,
Of all the things to do,
And all the things to say,
He says he loves me,
And I say it’s okay……………….
Lucifera Santez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love You Wife by Lucifera Santez )
- One's sadness or happiness, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Auto rikshaw., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Invocation of Rain, Nkwachukwu Ogbuagu
- Harness Racing (Poem), Doris Beaulieu
- Twinkle twinkle little star - 4, ramesh rai
- Light vs Smoke, Adele Bercich
- Just the beginning of that pretty Fall ف.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Fulani and His Cattle, Nkwachukwu Ogbuagu
- LOVE, DRASHI SHAH
- LITTLE DREAM, DRASHI SHAH
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(3rd April 19sixty)
(17 June 1867 – 2 September 1922)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)