Love Upon Mountain Top
(The story of a destined love) 4/3/13
The castle stood on a mountain so high, that its tips touched the sky
And as she ran across the field, every fiber of her being she could feel.
The excitement building up in her like a thunder storm cloud
Ready to explode “ and her love would begin to unfold.”
Struggling to climb up that steep hill, with just her determination and her will.
Breathlessly she scrambled with her hands and feet
Just to reach that mountainous peak
With her fingertips torn and bruised, “ but this was a fight she would not lose.”
Reaching the top of the mountain the ground leveled off
Her determination the “queen “her heart the “boss”.
She walked towards the castle and the draw bridge came down
And the doors swung open, where thousands of hearts were found.
She walked in amongst clapping and cheers, as her heart melted
And lost any fears.
There in the center of this beautiful chamber stood the man of her desires
Who from a distance had lit up her fires?
They walked towards each other with outstretched arms and gleams in their eyes
Their searches were over as their hearts opened wide.
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love Upon Mountain Top by louis rams )
- Amritpaan, ramesh rai
- Sonnet: Labourers in the Vineyard (Mathe.., Dr John Celes
- Prayer To God-Sri Ramakrishna., Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- The Deserted Spring, Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Love In Lovers' Poetry, Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Fun never runs out!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- The Passing Winds, Tex T Sarnie
- Too Few Words, Tex T Sarnie
- Wake up!, Md. Asadullah
- viper kiss, aaron jimenez
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Worker Reads History, Bertolt Brecht
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)