Lovers On The Beach
We watched the sun rising in the sky
We were on the beach, just she and I.
A cool gentle breeze blowing upon our face
As we stared into the depths of space.
We was holding hands as we sat on the sand
Enjoying the beauties of GODS land.
The waters so calm and blue
As the seagulls above us flew.
Little sand crabs playing at our feet
And searching for anything that they could eat.
As we sat there our minds were reeling
Thinking of the joys that we were feeling.
An inner peace that could not be described
As we sat there side by side.
We was totally hypnotized
As we saw the love in each other’s eyes.
Love can be found all around
But on this beach there was but one sound
Two hearts that were beating together
This could not have gotten much better.
With love there are no boundaries that cannot be overcome
If we face it as but “ONE”.
The sun “now” above the horizon
With its rays shining every where
Wiping away all worries and cares.
We are but two lovers- enjoying all that GOD had done
Sitting on the sand, watching the rising sun.
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lovers On The Beach by louis rams )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Limbo, Seamus Heaney
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- Blue-eyed boy Mr. Death for e.e. cummings, r james sterzinger
- Salvation Jane, vince gullaci
- A Girl Called Memory, Mashewa1 Nthele
- A Fairytale, Apolynn Lagaras
- How I Once Spent a Friday Afternoon, M.J. Lemon
- Every dog's ordeal, Lubinda Lubinda
- An Ethereal Bloom, Margaret Alice Second
- surrealist day, lee fones
- Gnarled Syllogism, Paul Hartal
- God Bless You, Michael P. McParland