Love Transcends Death
I said to my love
'Do you ever get to rest? '
'No' said he.
'I spend my life at your side.
So it is now, so shall it be
Even when I am dead.'
I replied 'And if you die before I,
You shall never get to Heaven.'
'Ah, my love.' said he
'When I am with you,
I am in Heaven.'
Naoimh Spence's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love Transcends Death by Naoimh Spence )
- Things of crumbs, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- The Lighthouse, Sarah Liz Bowman
- Manhattan Kindergarten, Saiom Shriver
- inks run out, lee fones
- Oh! Divinity, Nasarudheen.P. Parameswaran
- Άνεμος, Angelos Ioannou
- Forever, Frank Avon
- SHADOWS, Donald R Charon
- Crying Bee, Steve Kittell
- Walk the Walk, Donald R Charon
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns