Love Transcends Death
I said to my love
'Do you ever get to rest? '
'No' said he.
'I spend my life at your side.
So it is now, so shall it be
Even when I am dead.'
I replied 'And if you die before I,
You shall never get to Heaven.'
'Ah, my love.' said he
'When I am with you,
I am in Heaven.'
Naoimh Spence's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love Transcends Death by Naoimh Spence )
- I Fly, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Fissures Of Imagination, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Girl-child., Bieze Josephat
- Main Street U.S.A., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Cabin in the woods., Harold R Hunt Sr
- The Swing, Harold R Hunt Sr
- The old water tower., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Comforted, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Taken you back in time., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Joe, Harold R Hunt Sr
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Touched by an Angel, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)