Dreaming And Waking
Forsaking all my thoughts to sleep and the stars
While my heart circles in skies not seen before.
I linger, as a bird, in twilight, for all the dark hours
Spent escaping a dreamless sleep, the hateful roar
Of her name in my ears brings no rest.
And yet I seek respite in images of her, cold and clear
photographs illuminate my dreams and nature's jest.
Beholding the face of the one I hold so dear,
Yet only in a reverie. She remains my painful waking dream.
And while I seek her out against my own desire,
Against what I know to be wise and true, I yet seem
To be drawn to her, a moth unto the fire.
And yet it cannot last, this chasing of light,
It is painfully poignant but will never be right.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dreaming And Waking by Naoimh Spence )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Hind haiku (26-30), S.D. TIWARI
- Empathizing With Their Grievances, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Almost timeless, Gert Strydom
- #obamanation, A.j. Binash
- She broke in to me, Gert Strydom
- Fettered Birds By Bijay Kant Dubey, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Flash Fiction, Jose Armando Guzman
- Age-erasing Strategy .... [PERSONAL GRO.., Bri Edwards
- Thoughts, Alfred Barna
- Two Green Tomatoes Smashed In The Street, Mandolyn ...