Love Locked Away
She hid her love for way too long.
She would not let it show.
She walked alone on lonely paths
where colorless flowers grow.
She kept her love inside her heart
where silently it grew.
She roamed alone among tall trees
where silent birds all flew.
And when at night she lay abed
she cried inside her mind.
She slept alone with lonely dreams
where love was left behind.
The flowers were colorful, birds did sing
but they were not seen nor heard.
For all of her lonely dreams at night
left her heart unstirred.
Edwina Reizer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love Locked Away by Edwina Reizer )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Poem of the Day
- Love Is Hard, Is It Poetry
- Mulugkhw..., Swrji Basumatary
- Being Entertained By Nature, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- You face odd, hasmukh amathalal
- Patiently Waiting To Take My Own Life, bob saltycat
- Dernier souffle, Lubinda Lubinda
- Onnai, Swrji Basumatary
- Choosing To Be Still, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Awakening from Surgery, Kim Barney
- Flowers Create a Bright World, Rohit Sapra