To place limitations on thyself
is not how life's meant to be.
To dare to strive beyond the horizon
helps you become free
to travel where others fear to go.
You can leap-frog over them
and they will never know
how you did this unbelievable feat.
And inspiration in them may grow.
It only takes one stepping stone
to rise above the rest.
God has given this gift to all.
However life's your one big test.
Will you watch someone else
take this emboldened step?
Or will it be you to break the limits
and become the very one
to set the example for others
so they can find their limitations done?
Edwina Reizer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Limitations by Edwina Reizer )
- Press1, Harold R Hunt Sr
- BSU pride By Bo-Edward Lawrence, Bo Edward Lawrence
- Dandelions, Buddy Bee Anthony
- The Bird, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Essence Of Another Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Zion By Bo-Edward Lawrence, Bo Edward Lawrence
- The thunder and lighting., Harold R Hunt Sr
- THe Mean Man, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Jury duty, Harold R Hunt Sr
- My Body Is Not Your Temple By Bo-Edward .., Bo Edward Lawrence
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)