To place limitations on thyself
is not how life's meant to be.
To dare to strive beyond the horizon
helps you become free
to travel where others fear to go.
You can leap-frog over them
and they will never know
how you did this unbelievable feat.
And inspiration in them may grow.
It only takes one stepping stone
to rise above the rest.
God has given this gift to all.
However life's your one big test.
Will you watch someone else
take this emboldened step?
Or will it be you to break the limits
and become the very one
to set the example for others
so they can find their limitations done?
Edwina Reizer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Limitations by Edwina Reizer )
- WHY DID YOU COME THEN, kunjubi varghese
- Remembering J.K.2, RAJESH.C BOSE
- Pure world, gajanan mishra
- Destruction, Suresh Dogra
- CLOUDS, Orlando Belo
- The Masked Man, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- The Night Is Young, Katherine Nordhaus
- You are seen clearly (Hindi), Rajnish Manga
- Remembering J.K, RAJESH.C BOSE
- Courting!, RAJESH.C BOSE
Poem of the Day
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Would Live In Your Love, Sara Teasdale
- November, Thomas Hood
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- A Lover's Complaint, William Shakespeare
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)