Legacy (dedicated to LynneFyncherSpringarden)
Tower blocks that stab the skies
Grimy streets where litter lies
In doorways nest the dispossessed
Liquor fueled before they rest.
A women's refuge needs a guard
To keep out men who think they're hard
At least the children will be fed
And have the comfort of a bed.
Marauding youths patrol the streets
Sending texts and making tweets
Using language we don't know
To help their distance from us grow.
They see no future in their lives
Hence the needles and the knives
And all we do is castigate
Which feeds their anger and their hate.
And yet, about a mile away
Is where the rich and famous play
Armani suits and Gucci shoes
Painted whores from which to choose.
I doubt they even feign to see
This broken world.....
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Legacy (dedicated to LynneFyncherSpringarden) by Owain Glyn )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- EVIL'S INEVITABLE, FAST, AND FREE FALL, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Doomed, Kyle Schlicher
- Memory Without Remorse, Kyle Schlicher
- Question Answered, Kyle Schlicher
- Spearmint Leaves, Saiom Shriver
- THIS LIFE IS UP-SIDE-DOWN هذه الحياة متك.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Islands of Flowers, Marilyn Lott
- Home-makers, Dr Deena Padayachee
- I APOLOGIZE FOR YOU, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- On your toe, shubham sutar