Syed Anwar Yarkhan Jilani
Kind Heart Fountain
A kind heart is a fountain of joy
A smile is that one and all enjoy.
If you can at yourself just smile,
Spiritualism is yours for a while.
As dewdropp is to fragrant flower
Your humility has got that power
Weed out evil you have empower
All happiness sprayed as a shower.
Smile at others, smile at your wife,
Smile at your hubby without a knife.
Weed out root that grows an evil tree
A kindness blossom makes you free.
These are trifles that go a long way
The bitterness of heart is now away.
A few with a soul will surely imitate,
Majority of us are bound to hesitate.
If a superstar is choked by a smile
Do leave yours to him for awhile.
As he pulls out of his vanity blue
Folks will gape at his radiant hue.
Kindness erases every friction of life
Sleep light-hearted through the night.
Your body, your mind will feel so light
No trouble or tension will be in sight.
Be kind to the poor as they have none,
And kind to rich to show them a tone,
And kind to unkind, may they be atone
Message sent to Rumi: He is not alone!
Syed Anwar Yarkhan Jilani's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Kind Heart Fountain by Syed Anwar Yarkhan Jilani )
- Scotland: My Love Renewed, Paul Gerard Reed
- Rosalinda, Edward Kofi Louis
- Losing Your Temper, Edward Kofi Louis
- Testing Memories, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- To Watch My Steps, Edward Kofi Louis
- Must Not Withdraw, Zulfiqar Ali Bhatti
- To blow the scent of flowers of friendsh.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Badagry, Edward Kofi Louis
- drawn to the mountain, Thomas Leathandrum
- To Reward You, Edward Kofi Louis
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Percy Bysshe Shelley