Smile Poems - Poems For Smile
Poems about smile. You can read the best smile poems. Browse through all smile poems.
A Tear And A Smile - Poem by Khalil Gibran
I would not exchange the sorrows of my heart
For the joys of the multitude.
And I would not have the tears that sadness makes
To flow from my every part turn into laughter.
I would that my life remain a tear and a smile.
A tear to purify my heart and give me understanding
Of life's secrets and hidden things.
A smile to draw me nigh to the sons of my kind and
To be a symbol of my glorification of the gods.
A tear to unite me with those of broken heart;
A smile to be a sign of my joy in existence.
I would rather that I died in yearning and longing than that I live Weary and despairing.
I want the hunger for love and beauty to be in the
Depths of my spirit,for I have seen those who are
Satisfied the most wretched of people.
I have heard the sigh of those in yearning and Longing, and it is sweeter than the sweetest melody.
With evening's coming the flower folds her petals
And sleeps, embracingher longing.
At morning's approach she opens her lips to meet
The sun's kiss.
The life of a flower is longing and fulfilment.
A tear and a smile.
The waters of the sea become vapor and rise and come
Together and area cloud.
And the cloud floats above the hills and valleys
Until it meets the gentle breeze, then falls weeping
To the fields and joins with brooks and rivers to Return to the sea, its home.
The life of clouds is a parting and a meeting.
A tear and a smile.
And so does the spirit become separated from
The greater spirit to move in the world of matter
And pass as a cloud over the mountain of sorrow
And the plains of joy to meet the breeze of death
And return whence it came.
To the ocean of Love and Beauty----to God.
Comments about A Tear And A Smile by Khalil Gibran
New Smile Poems
- Want To Live In Eternity?, Vladimir Marku
- A Baby's Smile (Nursery Rhymes For Ch.., Rajesh Thankappan
- Every Smile Is The Smile Of Respect To T.., Raymond Sawyer
- For A Warm Smile For There The Sun Of Th.., Raymond Sawyer
- For A Warm Smile For There The Angel Of .., Raymond Sawyer
- Please Smile, Nikhil Parekh
- The Smile Of Respect Is The Smile Of The.., Raymond Sawyer
- Bringing A Smile On Your Face, Nikhil Parekh
- Love Poem (With Shameless Product Placem.., Bryan Corbett
- For A Warm Smile Is The Smile Of Respect., Raymond Sawyer
- carpe diem