Journey To Heaven
We said we would meet at heaven’s gate
It is not our time so we will have to wait.
We had made an earthly vow that we would
Meet at heavens pearly gates
No matter how much time it would take.
The sounds of heavenly trumpets will blare
And family and friends will all be there.
They will greet us as newlyweds and we
Will lie in a heavenly bed of petals from the red rose
And that sweet scent tickling our nose.
We will be in our own cottage with a white picket fence
And a golden walkway to the front door
Where we will share our lives forever more.
The birds will be chirping and the red Robbins will sing
Letting us know that we have everything.
In heaven, there is no such earthly things as wealth
Politics or discrimination, because we are all
A part of god’s nation. There is only one language
And it is the language of love, shared
By everyone who comes above.
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Journey To Heaven by louis rams )
- Intellectual Designs, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Cold Night In Silence, Lilly Emery
- Knit in Infinity, Lisa Bertsch
- In Silence, Lilly Emery
- the missing truth, asma writer
- Earth tones of Arizona, David Lessard
- You're My Favorite Fix, Lilly Emery
- COURAGE, LOVE & OBEDIENCE, Tom Zart
- You Are My Everything, Lilly Emery
- Velvet Moon, Lilly Emery