Journey To Heaven
We said we would meet at heaven’s gate
It is not our time so we will have to wait.
We had made an earthly vow that we would
Meet at heavens pearly gates
No matter how much time it would take.
The sounds of heavenly trumpets will blare
And family and friends will all be there.
They will greet us as newlyweds and we
Will lie in a heavenly bed of petals from the red rose
And that sweet scent tickling our nose.
We will be in our own cottage with a white picket fence
And a golden walkway to the front door
Where we will share our lives forever more.
The birds will be chirping and the red Robbins will sing
Letting us know that we have everything.
In heaven, there is no such earthly things as wealth
Politics or discrimination, because we are all
A part of god’s nation. There is only one language
And it is the language of love, shared
By everyone who comes above.
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Journey To Heaven by louis rams )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Song Of Despair, Pablo Neruda
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- The Night Before Christmas (at the cat l.., Randal Johnson
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- Death wish, Wensislaus Mbirimi
- Tribute to myself, Wensislaus Mbirimi
- Language dilemna, Wensislaus Mbirimi
- My funeral, Wensislaus Mbirimi
- The Students into Terrorism, SANDIP GOSWAMI
- Hater, Wensislaus Mbirimi
- What is me, Wensislaus Mbirimi
- So we free, Wensislaus Mbirimi
- Nature on Earth (Acrostic 2), soulful heart
- Out of danger, hasmukh amathalal