Mamma, when will I grow tall like you
As now I am looked up by very few;
I wanna fit into Paapa's shoes
Now for me its very loose!
When shall I earn money
As now I hardly have few penny;
I want to grow up and work hard
And buy for myself a stylish car!
O mama! when will I grow up and have fun
As now I am only in class One!
These are the innocent lines put forth
by my six year old;
Unaware of the life's challenges
Lying in his fold!
O my dear, why are you in a haste to grow
As then there are many challenges that life will throw;
Enjoy your childhood my dear
As the only challenge u have to face now is the exam fear!
No, No, Mamma! I want to grow fast
Challenges, fears, are all things of the past!
No, my dear! One day when you grow
You will remember your Mamma's word though;
But now its time for you to do your homework
Oh no Mamma! this is what it really irks!
Kavya ...'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Innocence by Kavya ... )
- Love Speaks in Silence, Paul Sebastian
- The Ideal Wife, Paul Sebastian
- Then ever it would really you are not e.., Yuri Starostin
- Judicially, hasmukh amathalal
- ACCENT, Terry Collett
- Passion, Suresh Dogra
- Joy and peace, gajanan mishra
- Light, Suresh Dogra
- No purpose yet, hasmukh amathalal
- A Bit of Clarity- Finally, Andy Caldwell
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Oh, the places you'll go!, Adens Kamwi
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Late Walk, Robert Frost
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- A Parody on “A Psalm of Life”, Oliver Wendell Holmes
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Indira Renganathan
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)