Mamma, when will I grow tall like you
As now I am looked up by very few;
I wanna fit into Paapa's shoes
Now for me its very loose!
When shall I earn money
As now I hardly have few penny;
I want to grow up and work hard
And buy for myself a stylish car!
O mama! when will I grow up and have fun
As now I am only in class One!
These are the innocent lines put forth
by my six year old;
Unaware of the life's challenges
Lying in his fold!
O my dear, why are you in a haste to grow
As then there are many challenges that life will throw;
Enjoy your childhood my dear
As the only challenge u have to face now is the exam fear!
No, No, Mamma! I want to grow fast
Challenges, fears, are all things of the past!
No, my dear! One day when you grow
You will remember your Mamma's word though;
But now its time for you to do your homework
Oh no Mamma! this is what it really irks!
Kavya ...'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Innocence by Kavya ... )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
Poem of the Day
- Livng In Fear To Live Life, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Dil Jeetney Ki Khatir (Being Inspired By.., Akhtar Jawad
- Hershey, Nero CaroZiv
- Tired 2, Michael P. McParland
- Happiness Returns, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Poetry I Adore, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Monkeys in City, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Emptiness, Marilyn Jean
- Embellishing the Pale Blue Sky, James Darwin Smith II
- Thoughts, Ronald Chapman