Mamma, when will I grow tall like you
As now I am looked up by very few;
I wanna fit into Paapa's shoes
Now for me its very loose!
When shall I earn money
As now I hardly have few penny;
I want to grow up and work hard
And buy for myself a stylish car!
O mama! when will I grow up and have fun
As now I am only in class One!
These are the innocent lines put forth
by my six year old;
Unaware of the life's challenges
Lying in his fold!
O my dear, why are you in a haste to grow
As then there are many challenges that life will throw;
Enjoy your childhood my dear
As the only challenge u have to face now is the exam fear!
No, No, Mamma! I want to grow fast
Challenges, fears, are all things of the past!
No, my dear! One day when you grow
You will remember your Mamma's word though;
But now its time for you to do your homework
Oh no Mamma! this is what it really irks!
Kavya ...'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Innocence by Kavya ... )
- The fingers which bath the children!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- The shirt which we did not buy, Palas Kumar Ray
- Grief (Naani Poetry), Jesus James Llorico
- At Dannemora Prison, Richard Provencher
- INNOCENT PRISIONER, Enoch Owusu Gyamfi
- Watchman, Pijush Biswas
- Veni, Vidi, Vici. Okay?, Dylan Attard
- We are merely onlookers anytime, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- We are merely onlookers, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Time is Change, Taqueia Brown
Poem of the Day
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
- Philip Booth
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)