RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Looking sideways into the future, seeing it's ending
not too far ahead.
Light shining, illuminating it's serenity and beauty.
Unfolding fragrant scents for times to come, bowing
to life as it becomes undone silently with no
interference or disharmonic gaiety.
Lifelessly blowing apart years of maturity and sense-
less noise, while bringing together all of life's
moments stored away since childhood.
Looking sideways into inner shadows of a future,
closing it's doors as I reach the last step.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Inner Shadows by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Moonlit Night, Tu Fu
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Angler's Ballad, Charles Cotton
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- A Preface to My Autobiography, Valsa George
- Haiku - Life, chandra thiagarajan
- An educational song., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Not permanent, hasmukh amathalal
- UNKNOWN, Fatima Obaid
- My Fight, Rusty (Ed) Gibson
- Remembering Poem, Kyle Schlicher
- In HIm Alone, david kush
- Irony of the world., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Don't Cry, Kyle Schlicher