At the cimmerian light of dawn
The wind brisk comes
In through a window, welcoming a breath
One sleeping wakeless, the other awaiting death.
Dawn soon left and morning arouse still
Tip of the finger, ran past the sill
Frost chills come in as a warning
Time was yet striking.
Secrets forever hived, fresh to be forgotten
At the surface a masculine body with her hopes, lying rotten
In moments the mist will enter and all will turn brief
And a tender feeling of relief.
Her heart grown too old
And none felt her soul freeze
But the departure left everything told
Ingrid's farewell was anything but concise.
A glooming body, veins pulsating at the loss
Not alone, another senses her demise,
And steals the treasure of her eyes
Leaving a bright lake and a bridge to cross.
With no more decisions or hope to reverse
Ingrid's body now floats immerse.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ingrid's Farewell by Mia Persson )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Eagerly I want to go with you, Gert Strydom
- Prayer and Women, Abdullah alHemaidy
- Love is far more than just lust or desir.., Gert Strydom
- Lie To Me, Rouren Torres
- The Fight, Robert Melliard
- Paying Taxes, Randy McClave
- हांमा गोनां जिव, Bahadur Basumatary
- I Knew What You Knew, Vera Sidhwa
- Wearing the Flaws, Gerry Legister
- Three weeks with you., crystal ruth