I stand crouched before my grave
Eyes sinking in through the earth
Soon my life will be taken by a wave
And every tide I've swimmed against
Will have lost its worth.
My hands reach out, in dreams
Under the surface I breathe slow
When I wake up, truth is what it seems
And that's where I find it's time to grow
I must attain a perfect balance
Learn to swim and not drown in pain
Walk the ground and feel the rain
Let it wash away all this nuisance
My ghost shall forever roam these merciless streets
And watch the boat that pushed me into the blue
The roaring of the ocean, the monsters I emerge
Ready to pull my limbs and twist my mind
The empty water-drowned souls I long to purge
Come up to get me but always stay behind
Whispering delicatley a sweet winter dirge.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dead Waters by Mia Persson )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Blessing of Begetting Children (Section7.., rajendran muthiah
- Animal rights., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- O Fanantic, I Can Se It, Bijay Kant Dubey
- O Man, Where Will You Go With Your Funda.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Gently Stirs The Breeze, Rondeau, Captain Cur
- She, Maya Hanson (mye3 poet)
- Back To The Beginning, Maya Hanson (mye3 poet)
- Honour Killing, What Will You Get Killin.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The bark, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- This Is India, Here A Village Fool Can A.., Bijay Kant Dubey