In the Tree
I hear you chirp little blue bird
High up in the tree so tall
Oh how I want to join you there
You’re inviting me with your call.
I take a step upon a limb
To balance my foot in place
And hoist myself in the tree
My mission to meet face to face.
Oh little blue bird how you sing
So joyfully with glee
You live a life so freely
It’s the life I dream for me.
Higher and higher I climb the tree
Climbing with all my might
Oh please blue bird don’t leave me now
My goal is just in sight.
I finally see your vibrant blue
How beautiful you truly are
At last my goal is in its reach
My goal no longer far.
You turn to me and start to tweet
I could listen to you all day
Your chirping telling me what to do
I’ll do anything you say.
You give a tweet and then take off
Up in the clear blue sky
Look how happier you have become
As you soar up high and high.
I want to join you little blue bird
No longer be in the tree
And so I stand and take a jump
So I can finally be free.
Genevieve Pilat's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (In the Tree by Genevieve Pilat )
- NOT FAR OFF: A NEW BEGINNING, M.J Donnchadh
- Intoxicated Heart, Gianni Pansensoy
- From Adam, Gert Strydom
- Albino, Gert Strydom
- A Word, a Relationship Translation of Kh.., Akhtar Jawad
- Mi Still Chat It, Tyrone Gayle
- Midnight Flatulance, David Cadywold
- Vindictive Vaginas, Gianni Pansensoy
- love pains, bikram baniya
- At destruction, hasmukh amathalal