Alan Bruce Thompson
In Full View
We don't just 'have' it, that precious scent
We must earn it, we must learn ascent.
To look so beautiful, to be so admired
Needs certainly much more than to be simply desired.
For a few days of beauty standing in full view
Is no thing for many, but special for the few.
To stand there naked, without disgrace
So is the true life of flowers in a vase.
Alan Bruce Thompson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (In Full View by Alan Bruce Thompson )
- A daily fun!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Ray of Hope, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- National flag., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Examined, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Trance in the rain, Nassy Fesharaki
- Azal se mauzood hoon..., Azhar Sabri
- Time Chases Me, Neela Nath
- Elimination, Hans Raj Sharma
- We have come thru..., bill costley
- The elements of loss, nick feiner