In a Drop of Water
In a drop of water,
One sees a beautiful rainbow,
In a twinkle of an eye,
Hidden tenderness in the heart shows.
Lo… the glow of a tiny firefly,
Can outshine that of a twinkling star,
The shine of a glamorous star,
Can just be a shiny glass lying on the grass.
Give a cup of water to a thirsty traveller,
And he be a slave to you forever,
Give light to a darkened lost soul,
Is likened to a guiding star in a moonless night.
Be that of morning dew,
Refreshing though for a moment,
As the morning sun rises, it’s gone,
But passionately reappear in the cool of night.
Look, hidden in this little flower bud,
Sleeps a sweetly fragrant beautiful red rose,
Hidden in those silent majestic mountains,
Hot molten larva flows.
Words spoken from a soft tongue,
Like roaring thunder in a stormy sky,
To justly awake all slumbering souls.
spiritual seeker's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (In a Drop of Water by spiritual seeker )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Some soft feelings, Lalitha Narayanan
- Bonfire, Naveed Khalid
- A Friend's Promise, diana rose tolentino
- A poem-letter to my friends..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- In the summer..., Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- Melbs, David McLean Mathews
- At Somnolence's Border, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- naam, anikesh wats
- show me how a comet showers, Mandolyn ...
- Live to Sleep, Robert Kane