In my clear dream,
I was digging the soft ground.
To my utmost happiness I found a piece of shiny white stone.
Happily I put it inside my pocket and rushed to take home.
It was shining more brightly though I wanted to hide it from others.
Along the way, a few people stopped me and wanted a piece of it.
Holding the glittering stone in both hands…
As if living and continuously changing…
From one, it became several smaller beautiful reddish round and oval pieces...
Multiple colours, it’s beauty now indescribable.
I decided then to give half of those precious gems to others,
At that very moment, I was awakened by the morning azan*.
With a light and happy heart,
I hurried for my prayer.
*muslim call for prayer
spiritual seeker's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Living Gem by spiritual seeker )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The Glorious Leader, Chris Zachariou
- Karma says Patience, abigail sikwenda
- Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow, Jayatissa Liyanage
- Now, D.L. Aceves
- *Jacaranda Bloom, C. P. Sharma
- We are free, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Parasite, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- clueless life..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- An anonymous smile, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- Where, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta