In my clear dream,
I was digging the soft ground.
To my utmost happiness I found a piece of shiny white stone.
Happily I put it inside my pocket and rushed to take home.
It was shining more brightly though I wanted to hide it from others.
Along the way, a few people stopped me and wanted a piece of it.
Holding the glittering stone in both hands…
As if living and continuously changing…
From one, it became several smaller beautiful reddish round and oval pieces...
Multiple colours, it’s beauty now indescribable.
I decided then to give half of those precious gems to others,
At that very moment, I was awakened by the morning azan*.
With a light and happy heart,
I hurried for my prayer.
*muslim call for prayer
spiritual seeker's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Living Gem by spiritual seeker )
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Case Of Murder, Vernon Scannell
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- When Spring Goes By, Duncan Campbell Scott
- (955) Poverty (Acros.., Melvina Germain
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- Television, Roald Dahl
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)