In my clear dream,
I was digging the soft ground.
To my utmost happiness I found a piece of shiny white stone.
Happily I put it inside my pocket and rushed to take home.
It was shining more brightly though I wanted to hide it from others.
Along the way, a few people stopped me and wanted a piece of it.
Holding the glittering stone in both hands…
As if living and continuously changing…
From one, it became several smaller beautiful reddish round and oval pieces...
Multiple colours, it’s beauty now indescribable.
I decided then to give half of those precious gems to others,
At that very moment, I was awakened by the morning azan*.
With a light and happy heart,
I hurried for my prayer.
*muslim call for prayer
spiritual seeker's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Living Gem by spiritual seeker )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- After Eden, Rachel Todd Wetzsteon
- Because We Closed Our Eyes, A.j. Binash
- three, laxami Cards
- For Colin McCahon [NZ Painter: 1919 -1987], Keith Johnson
- Why I never visited NZ from OZ in 1970, Keith Johnson
- Dark Lady, Keith Johnson
- Naboth's vineyard, Gert Strydom
- Those Girls, Keith Johnson
- Maybe there is a deep secret, Gert Strydom
- Final Training Flight, Keith Johnson