In my clear dream,
I was digging the soft ground.
To my utmost happiness I found a piece of shiny white stone.
Happily I put it inside my pocket and rushed to take home.
It was shining more brightly though I wanted to hide it from others.
Along the way, a few people stopped me and wanted a piece of it.
Holding the glittering stone in both hands…
As if living and continuously changing…
From one, it became several smaller beautiful reddish round and oval pieces...
Multiple colours, it’s beauty now indescribable.
I decided then to give half of those precious gems to others,
At that very moment, I was awakened by the morning azan*.
With a light and happy heart,
I hurried for my prayer.
*muslim call for prayer
spiritual seeker's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Living Gem by spiritual seeker )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Alone And Drinking Under The Moon, Li Po
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Merry Christmas, lee fones
- Searching For Convictions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Not Strong Enough, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Past Woes, Naveed Akram
- Knowing Their Loss, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Screwed for Life Club, Francie Lynch
- Let's Celebrate Life, Roxanne Dubarry
- Descendants, Akhtar Jawad
- The Heart Of A Poet, arshad arshad
- Have You Seen The Bizarre And Grotesque .., Bijay Kant Dubey