Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
If you Want What Visible Reality
If you want what visible reality
can give, you're an employee.
If you want the unseen world,
you're not living your truth.
Both wishes are foolish,
but you'll be forgiven for forgetting
that what you really want is
love's confusing joy.
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (If you Want What Visible Reality by Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi )
Did you read them?
- AnyThing In ReTurn, Kewayne Wadley
- If all we know is love, Mark Heathcote
- Remove Yourself From Bitterness, Ronell Warren Alman
- Fornicating In The Bowels Of Unswerving .., Captain Cur
- im not okay, Faith Taylors
- The world is like a worm, Mark Heathcote
- Our shared tear, Julie Shirley
- Conscious Peal, Adeosun Olamide
- Living Contradictions, Sandra Feldman
- Alley Church, Adeosun Olamide
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(c. 600 BCE)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1886 - 1967)