Lawrence S. Pertillar
If Truth Within Them Does Not Reside
People who believe they can erase,
What they have come to face on a daily basis...
And not dissect to self exam their routines and rituals,
But expect their denials kept does not affect...
To reflect what they oppose and choose to neglect,
Are those seeking miracles to undo to themselves...
What they've done but can not seem to overcome.
And delusions to live with a wish to keep them alive,
Will not free them to know truth if truth within them...
Does not reside but from it they hide to chase lies.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (If Truth Within Them Does Not Reside by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Turned by a wave, Mark Heathcote
- I Am A Robot, You Are A Robot And We Two.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- 42, Angela Khristin Brown
- Heebie-jeebie, lee fones
- Street Urchin, Babatunde Aremu
- Shake Loose my Skin, Angela Khristin Brown
- Street Culture, Angela Khristin Brown
- 1969, Angela Khristin Brown
- Reap & Sow, Angela Khristin Brown
- Save The Girl Child Of India, Bijay Kant Dubey