Theodora (Theo) Onken
((( If Ever)))
If ever there was a nightime serene...
Painted in delicate-brush-stroked ebony hue-
And embellsihed with Golden-gilded stars...
With a velvet hint of violet view;
Then i would know that i had arrived...
My destination wrapped in my sheltered wings-
Flying through the early sky as a Sparrow...
Singing the Sweet Psalms Of Spring;
I would mingle with the Butterfly and Bee...
For they are: 'True Aristocrats of the Dawn'-
And then i would fly ever-forever-long past never...
Because i would know that i belong;
Embracing all that 'twas-
And all that surely could be...
I would paint the sky-'Blue Velvet Upon High'...
And revel in at last- reaching my Eternity;
Theodora (Theo) Onken's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (((( If Ever))) by Theodora (Theo) Onken )
Did you read them?
- A.Blok, May's been cruel...- translation.., Lyudmila Purgina
- The Secret of My love, Hanh Chau
- Submission of Poem, Vera Sidhwa
- The Hungry, Randy McClave
- You are not changed, ramesh rai
- The Poet called Light, Light Mark
- Stripes, Mike Acker
- Rocks like Milky Ways, Mikey Bachman
- Opportunities, Peter S. Quinn
- We Should Be Glad, Blu 1 Blu 1 (Rio de Janeiro)
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- A Ballad of Death, Algernon Charles Swinburne
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)