Theodora (Theo) Onken
((( More Ken 64-65)))
What a blissful beginning-
A journey not much past a mile...
Through many a windy road and mountain top...
To the deep set valleys of 'once in a while';
We started the journey together-
We three traveled just so far...
Dessertion came a calling...
I-no longer your shining star;
A fishing trip turned into moving-OUT
While you sent me away-ignorant-to play...
Bet you wished you were 'twenty one'-
Back in the day-that unholy day;
Inglewood Estates has housed you of late-
A most unique trailer park...
What a fitting final gift you have earned...
For your rather stormy spark;
Theodora (Theo) Onken's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (((( More Ken 64-65))) by Theodora (Theo) Onken )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(8 December 65 BC – 27 November 8 BC)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- The Tiger, William Blake
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Love After Love, Derek Walcott
- Don't Go Far Off, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- 'Words', Katherine York
- Love, Baki Yigit
- Hopeless Romantic, Shane Clawson
- Firebird Sunset, Salvatore Ala
- Flicker, Jessica Paige Davies
- I will always return, Jessica Paige Davies
- They are my horses, Jessica Paige Davies
- HOW THEY ALL FALL, Terry Collett
- Caucus at the Parking Meter, Donal Mahoney
- A Small Something, Jessica Paige Davies