Theodora (Theo) Onken
You were like the gift of Spring--
A bouquet of Red Roses and Babys Breath...
You rescued me from an empty sea...
Saving me from a loveless death.
Oh the regrets i held so deep--
Fathomless and nearly beyond repair...
But you were like the gift of Spring--
Tell you- there were blossoms everywhere.
You were a virtual meadow of forget-me-nots...
Altering my depths with loving care...
Becoming an ocean of scintilating waves of rapture...
A verdent garden of bloom scented oceanic air.
Yes -you were like the gift of Spring--
A garden-a bloom-a calm and fulfilled sea...
You were my miracle i oft' prayed for...
Binding us together for eternity.
Dedicated to: My husband.
Theodora (Theo) Onken's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (((( Gift))) by Theodora (Theo) Onken )
Did you read them?
- Destiny....., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Twinkle twinkle little star - 9, ramesh rai
- Our House Is The Mountain Top, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- At no cost, hasmukh amathalal
- Overcompensation, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Virtual White Teeth, douglas scotney
- Transformation, Amitava Sur
- Twinkle twinkle little star - 8, ramesh rai
- Space Of Time, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Rail Blaze, Thomas Plotz
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Let Go and Let God (dedicated to my aunt.., Miss Remy
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Sheldon Allan Silverstein
(September 25, 1930 – May 10, 1999)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)