Theodora (Theo) Onken
You were like the gift of Spring--
A bouquet of Red Roses and Babys Breath...
You rescued me from an empty sea...
Saving me from a loveless death.
Oh the regrets i held so deep--
Fathomless and nearly beyond repair...
But you were like the gift of Spring--
Tell you- there were blossoms everywhere.
You were a virtual meadow of forget-me-nots...
Altering my depths with loving care...
Becoming an ocean of scintilating waves of rapture...
A verdent garden of bloom scented oceanic air.
Yes -you were like the gift of Spring--
A garden-a bloom-a calm and fulfilled sea...
You were my miracle i oft' prayed for...
Binding us together for eternity.
Dedicated to: My husband.
Theodora (Theo) Onken's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (((( Gift))) by Theodora (Theo) Onken )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Ask, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Starling, Maurice Whyte
- Who I Am, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Kangaroo Style, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- The Girl of Stone Age, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- The Tragedy of Gaza, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Mr. Mountain, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Dear father, Missau Missau
- Phenomenal Cover of Beauties, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Anecdote of a Neglected Man, Zillur Rahman Shuvro