I Will Not Cry
My eyes are bone dry.
Why would I cry over such a loss?
What was there was not so good.
I just stayed because I could.
It was nothing special.
That's for sure.
You're boring and you're stupid too.
I would not cry over such as you.
You have the personality of a dead fish.
You have a pretty face, between your ears is plain dead space.
It's ridiculous you think I'd cry.
You're not even worth the lie.
To my indifference you are blind.
I will not cry, I tell you so.
Because I'm tough and very cold.
I'll just ride now into dawn.
Until the memories of you are gone.
Michael McParland's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (I Will Not Cry by Michael McParland )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Anxiety, Chris Ghawi
- The Flood, Jose Armando Guzman
- Shadows in the Dark, Darlene Walsh
- Who can be one's bombshell?, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Eveningsong, Elizabeth Shield
- Chords Of Remembering, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Composite Of Intellect, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Journal Editors Calling Themselves C.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- until we end up in the same tent..., Mandolyn ...
- At First Sight, Elizabeth Shield