I Will Not Cry
My eyes are bone dry.
Why would I cry over such a loss?
What was there was not so good.
I just stayed because I could.
It was nothing special.
That's for sure.
You're boring and you're stupid too.
I would not cry over such as you.
You have the personality of a dead fish.
You have a pretty face, between your ears is plain dead space.
It's ridiculous you think I'd cry.
You're not even worth the lie.
To my indifference you are blind.
I will not cry, I tell you so.
Because I'm tough and very cold.
I'll just ride now into dawn.
Until the memories of you are gone.
Michael McParland's Other Poems
Topic(s): love and pain
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (I Will Not Cry by Michael McParland )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- The Road is Full of Thorn,, Aftab Alam
- Do accept, hasmukh amathalal
- A Bit On The Side, Rod Morris
- Some Things Should Not Have Been, Anita Khelawan
- Let not this earth be divided, gajanan mishra
- With situation, hasmukh amathalal
- Misery Loves Company, Bill Cantrell
- Hot Summer Tanka, Toshie Nohara
- No need to ask, gajanan mishra
- Truth, Tony Adah