I Lost A Lovely Dream
Oh, somewhere in the deep, dark night,
I lost a lovely dream -
It drifted through my sleeping hours,
Just like a sparkling stream.
It left an imprint on my mind,
That I will ne’er forget -
Such was the beauty of its form,
Upon my heart now set.
I’ve searched within my memory,
This dream to now recall -
But only shadows linger there,
It’s gone, once and for all.
It melted into vapoured clouds,
Then floated far away –
Becoming just an image lost,
As night turned into day.
I know my dream was beautiful,
It filled my heart with glee -
Oh, that I could recall it now,
It was so lov-el-y.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Lost A Lovely Dream by Valerie Dohren )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Honesty, Tony Adah
- Child Of The Rainforest, Denis Martindale
- Cooling Off Time..., Denis Martindale
- And fairy land xxii, binod bastola
- When I was A Little Boy, ronald stroman
- keeping down apperances, lee fones
- Onkar Nath Gupta As A Poet, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Friendship's Light, Pamela Kewin
- Windmill, lee fones
- A Rise of Fury, tolu ogundare