I Lost A Lovely Dream
Oh, somewhere in the deep, dark night,
I lost a lovely dream -
It drifted through my sleeping hours,
Just like a sparkling stream.
It left an imprint on my mind,
That I will ne’er forget -
Such was the beauty of its form,
Upon my heart now set.
I’ve searched within my memory,
This dream to now recall -
But only shadows linger there,
It’s gone, once and for all.
It melted into vapoured clouds,
Then floated far away –
Becoming just an image lost,
As night turned into day.
I know my dream was beautiful,
It filled my heart with glee -
Oh, that I could recall it now,
It was so lov-el-y.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Lost A Lovely Dream by Valerie Dohren )
Did you read them?
- Insulted poet, douglas scotney
- Like attracts like, gajanan mishra
- Toad of my Pocket, Kelly Zion
- On A Mountain, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Village song, Tony Adah
- It is best, hasmukh amathalal
- World Of Poetry, Savita Tyagi
- What Can You Teach?, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Genus, Savita Tyagi
- Leave The T.V. Off, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns
(3rd April 19sixty)