Edgard Canales P
I Hear Voices (Can't Sleep 2)
I hear voices deep inside my head
hear them all the time
specially when I go to bed.
You're crazy my people said
but the voices never fled.
Instead with the years
It got worse
also having graphic dreams
that make my body hurt.
Blessed but feel cursed.
In a burst of agony
or a moment of despair
scream at the top of my lungs
but no one seems really cares.
Gasp for air
calm down and say a prayer.
At night I close my eyes but never sleep,
hate to say it but tears are soaking up my sheets.
Unfortunate but every night this repeats.
Weep when weak
but never welcome my defeat.
Like a plague it's eating up my mind
in my writing peace I try to find.
whisper things about my past,
test my patience
just so they can have a laugh.
Carrying a legion of demons
thought I was dreaming
so I ask God to help me with the meaning.
It's bad but I'm holding on
build my castle to withstand any storm.
Born a sinner
with goals to be a winner.
Think my demons want to get free
just to cause chaos and later say it was me
but I will never let it be
say in Jesus name and make 'em flee.
I hear voices deep inside my head.....
Edgard Canales P's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Hear Voices (Can't Sleep 2) by Edgard Canales P )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Inner Workings, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Colours, Daniel Rimero
- India's Rhythms, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- My Love! Let's run away from light., SAK Reddy
- Journey Of Ancient Values, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Bless You On This Day, Michael P. McParland
- The Blank Page, David Lewis Paget
- In Serenity, Kevin Patrick
- The Reversal, David Lewis Paget
- No More Education, Elius Rubby