Edgard Canales P
I Hear Voices (Can't Sleep 2)
I hear voices deep inside my head
hear them all the time
specially when I go to bed.
You're crazy my people said
but the voices never fled.
Instead with the years
It got worse
also having graphic dreams
that make my body hurt.
Blessed but feel cursed.
In a burst of agony
or a moment of despair
scream at the top of my lungs
but no one seems really cares.
Gasp for air
calm down and say a prayer.
At night I close my eyes but never sleep,
hate to say it but tears are soaking up my sheets.
Unfortunate but every night this repeats.
Weep when weak
but never welcome my defeat.
Like a plague it's eating up my mind
in my writing peace I try to find.
whisper things about my past,
test my patience
just so they can have a laugh.
Carrying a legion of demons
thought I was dreaming
so I ask God to help me with the meaning.
It's bad but I'm holding on
build my castle to withstand any storm.
Born a sinner
with goals to be a winner.
Think my demons want to get free
just to cause chaos and later say it was me
but I will never let it be
say in Jesus name and make 'em flee.
I hear voices deep inside my head.....
Edgard Canales P's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Hear Voices (Can't Sleep 2) by Edgard Canales P )
- At our will, hasmukh amathalal
- See the fishes, hasmukh amathalal
- Two Become One, Loide V Augustinus
- Your Sweetness, Loide V Augustinus
- Why do you mock at my love, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Drifting Away, Loide V Augustinus
- The Eminent Reign, kyvin nash
- If you failed to, gajanan mishra
- The Dream Catcher, Dexsta Ray
- Father Bird, Enebeli Prada