Edgard Canales P
Cry In The Rain
Nightmares always the same
me either dead or in chains,
think I'm going insane
cause I cry in the rain.
Unbreakable shell re-enforced with the toughest of steel
but I cry in the rain so no one sees my bitterful tears.
I suffered for years
but never had fear.
Cause I had the Lord near
He made it all clear.
Stand in the rain and wait for that drop
to wash away all of the stains of the battles I've fought.
Close my eyes and all noise becomes faint
Rain please wash away my suffer and pain.
Simple and plain
with passion it came,
rushing through all of my veins
my sadness it drains.
Down in my soul
let the rain pour
when I Can't take it no more
my knees hit the floor.
Lighting the earth pounds
words so deep and profound
with every bitterful tear that touches the ground.
Rain and tears all mixed together
combination like acid
As I'm writing this letter.
Through all my endeavors
today and forever
embrace the rain 'till
the weather it betters...
Edgard Canales P's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Cry In The Rain by Edgard Canales P )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Dream A World, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Osho, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Many Third-Classers, Bijay Kant Dubey
- As A Man, I Hate The Fanatic The Most, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Bapu, In Your Memory, Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Mirth of William, James Merchant
- -Untitled- (2), Morgan Siegel
- The Short Ballad of Egg Boy, James Merchant
- Logic in Life, Jayatissa Liyanage
- - Lady Andrea on the meadowland, Giorgio A. V.
- Lady Andrea on the meadowland, Giorgio A. V.